The Smart Cities Award India is a one-of-a-kind platform that is solely dedicated to highlighting the smart cities located in India.
The Smart Cities Award India takes this platform as an opportunity to honour recognise and encourage people, legislators, businesses, townships, government organisations, and associations for their efforts in both the urban and rural sectors.
What is Smart Cities Award India?
Smart Cities Awards India is an initiative that highlights and honours the cities with the finest practices and city models. The motto of the award is to encourage cities to practise approaches to making cities habitable, ecological, and financially feasible. The three-day show comes to a close with an awards ceremony.
Smart Cities Award India Facts
- The India Trade Promotion Organisation, an agency under the Union ministry of trade and industry, organised the Smart Cities Award India contest and ceremony 2022. The Ministry of housing and urban affairs was also a part of this initiative.
- The jury panel had eminent personalities like Hitesh Vaidya, Ravi Ranjan Guru, Anil Razdan, Manvita Baradi, Purushottam Kaushik and Vikas Kanungo.
☛ Also Read: Weekly Current Affairs
List of Winners of Smart Cities Award India 2022
- Faridabad Smart City Limited won the award in the category of the best green building project. It was an ICCC building project.
- Bhopal Smart City Development Corporation Limited won the award for having the best healthcare initiatives. The project was under COVID management through ICCC.
- Bhopal Smart City Development Corporation Limited won the award for having the best start-up initiatives. The project responsible for this winning was B-Nest Foundation.
- Solinas Integrity Private Limited won the award for designing the best water management system. Pipeline Management Project for 24x7 Water Supply ensured this victory.
- Ujjain Smart City Limited won the award for showing marvellous approaches to city innovation. The Digital Center project is associated with this initiative.
- Jabalpur Smart City Limited won the COVID 19- Recovery Innovation Award.
- New Town Kolkata Green Smart City Corporation has won the award for showing achievements in developing a digital city. Digital Services in New Town Kolkata played a major role in making this project a reality.
- Pimpri Chinchwad Smart City Limited won the award for setting examples in governance and economy. Smart Sarathi project contributed well to this initiative.
- Indore Smart City Development Limited won the award for showing extreme contributions to Public-Private Partnership Initiatives. 'She Kunj' project was the mastermind behind this initiative.
- Dehradun Smart City Limited was awarded for establishing a safe city territory. The DICCC project played a major role in achieving this success.
- Jabalpur Smart City Limited won the smart city award for setting groundbreaking examples in the smart energy project. Smart Light Project was the pioneer in implementing the plan.
Smart Cities Award India Significance
The Smart Cities Award India is a great initiative since this contest establishes a healthy competition among the Indian states to pursue sustainable city life. The Indian cities have come up with different revolutionary ideas to make their cities a bit more habitable and sustainable. This has helped to improve the quality of citizens' lives.
The Smart Cities Award India serves as a crucial part to improve the future of India. The global climate changes always make us aware of the downtrodden life quality of people. This initiative encourages the Indian states to come up with better ideas to make an ecologically sustainable world.
FAQs on Smart Cities Award India
Q.1. With regards to the Smart Cities Award India, how many cities are considered smart cities?
With regards to the Smart Cities Award India, There are 98 cities that are regarded as Smart Cities in India.
Q.2. Which two Indian cities shared the Smart Cities Award India 2020?
Indore and Surat shared the Smart Cities Award India 2020.
Q.3. In reference to the smart cities award in India, what is the selection process for outlining smart cities?
The smart cities selection process was built on the concept of Competitive and Cooperative Federalism.
Q.4. In relation to the smart cities award in India, what is the main goal of developing smart cities?
The basic purpose of a smart city is to employ smart technology and data analysis to maximise city activities and stimulate economic growth. The main motto of a smart city is to better the quality of people's lives.
Q.5. In regard to the smart cities award in India, What is the main factor to make the smart city program purposeful in India?
Municipal and government leaders must design a holistic approach to optimise urbanisation strategy. This should also aim to employ the newest technological advancements, creates jobs, and supports economic initiatives to enhance inhabitants' quality of life.