Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojna
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojna is a maternity benefit programme or direct benefit transfer scheme for maternal or lactating mothers. It’s a type of financial support that provided some forms of incentives to those women during pregnancy. This scheme ensures safe delivery and good nutrition for women and their first newborn child.
Tag Line: matri shakti, Rashtra shakti.
Launched On: 1st January 2017
Implemented by: Ministry of Women & Child Development
- Centrally sponsored scheme. i.e., 60:40 (Centre: State Government)
- North-Eastern states and 3 Himalayan states. i.e., 90:10
- 100% Central assistance for Union Territories without legislature.
Beneficiaries: Women who are lactating mothers and pregnant women for the first child in their family, from and after 1st January 2017.
Excluding Central government, State government and PSU employee and who are receiving any other related benefits.
Cash instalments incentives of ₹5000 as:
- ₹1000 on early pregnancy registration at Anganwadi Centre or any approved health facility centre by the state government.
- ₹2000 after the six months of pregnancy under the condition of ante-natal check-up report.
- ₹2000 after the childbirth registration, and the child will complete the first vaccination cycle like OPV, DPT, Hepatitis-B, etc.
- Incentives of Janani Suraksha Yojana would be ₹6000 approx. For promoting the institutional delivery.
- In February 2020 best performance survey of PMMVY, Madhya Pradesh has more than one crore, and Dadar and Nagar Haveli have a minuscule population. i.e., less than one crore.
- Odisha is not implementing the PMMVY.
- Low performing states of India under this scheme are U.P., Uttarakhand, Assam, Rajasthan, Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu & Kashmir and Odisha.
Common Application Software:
PMMVY-CAS is a web-based software application for the close monitor. That enables tracking the status of each beneficiary under the scheme, accountability and better grievance redressal.
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!