CTET 2021 Exam Dates
CBSE has released the estimated exam dates for conducting the CTET 2021 exam. According to the official notification the CTET 2021 examination will be conducted between December 2021 to January 2022. So, the candidates who were looking for the latest updated in CTET 2021 should read the complete article for all the updates.
CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is conducted to provides eligibility to the primary and secondary teachers. Based on scores obtains in it candidates can apply in private and public sectors jobs. CTET conducts two papers - Paper 1 & 2.
- Paper 1 - Candidates who tend to be Primary Teachers (Class 1 to 5).
- Paper 2 - Candidates who tend to be Secondary Teachers (Class 6 to 10).
Important Announcement- Now it will be conducted via online mode.
|PRESS RELEASE - READ HERE|
- The Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to the Central Board of Secondary Education Delhi.
- Candidates are advised to refer only to authentic Text Books and syllabus suggested by NCTE for preparation in the area of education.
- The exam process is open, fair, and transparent, qualifying CTET is purely on merit, capability, and sincere preparation through authentic Text Books.
The rationale for including the TET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:
It would bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process;
It would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards;
It would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality.
CTET 2021 will be conducted Online
Now the CTET 2021 examination will be conducted Online. There will not be any OMR sheet or question paper. Now the examination will be computer-based similar to most of the other teacher recruitment examinations.
Nature of CTET Exam
According to the official notice "It is hereby notified that within the existing syllabus of CTET and structure of the question paper, the question papers will be developed to assess less of factual knowledge and more of conceptual understanding, application, problem-solving, reasoning, and critical thinking."
The CTET exam pattern will change and the questions will now be based on the facts and understanding of the topics. The questions will now be judging the understanding of the concept rather than cramming.
Important facts about the CTET exam pattern:
- CTET consists of two papers: Paper 1 is for primary classes & Paper 2 is for secondary classes.
- CTET is mandatory to appear for regular and contractual teacher vacancies.
- CTET is 150 marks and consists of 150 questions.
- There is no negative marking in the CTET.
- The level of questions asked in CTET is moderate to a high level.
- Candidates need to score at least 60% to qualify for the CTET.
- After qualifying it Candidates are awarded CTET Certificate which is valid for a lifetime.
The focus of changing the exam pattern of CTET:
- Assessment of candidates' understanding of teaching the subject.
- Their knowledge of pedagogic content.
- Knowledge of relevance of the subject in the school curriculum.
- Dimensions of teaching the subject, such as pedagogic content knowledge that includes
- Questions assessing planning of teaching-learning experiences
- Strategies for developing conceptual clarity
- Usage of teaching-learning aids
- Assessment methodologies specific to the concept.
CTET 2021 Syllabus
The CTET syllabus for the 2021 Examination will not change. According to the CTET notification released by CBSE on 30th July, there will be no change in the CTET 2021 syllabus. Yes, the CTET exam pattern will be different now and the questions will now be based on the facts and understanding of the concept but the syllabus will remain the same. So the candidates should keep revising and studying the same syllabus however the questions asked will change and students will get sample questions for understanding.
CTET Sample Questions of New Exam Pattern
CBSE will be providing a set of sample questions papers to provide a fair idea about the upcoming question papers. It will set a benchmark for all those candidates who are waiting for the CTET 2021.
CBSE stated, "The CBSE will set up facilitation centers in the districts where the candidates will be provided (free of cost) facility of attempting the online mock test."
It is also notified that the CBSE will be facilitating free mock tests in facilitation centers in some of the districts. This will help students who are unsure about CTET 2021. This will be a great help for all the students as they will get a practice run before the exam.
How Gradeup will help?
We have Online Mock Tests! Yes, you read it right. Gradeup has always provided the mock test in an online format with a detailed analysis of questions and your All India Ranking. This will prove beneficial for all those candidates who have regularly practiced with mock tests. They now have a pretty good idea about how to attempt the question in the examination hall. So do not waste any more time and start practicing now.
We will also be releasing a practice set of questions paper based on new exam pattern, so stray tuned!
|1.||CTET Full Form: Know what is CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test), All Details Here!||Read Here|
|2.||CTET Question Papers 2021/19/18/17/16 in Hindi/English with Answer Key, Download PDF||Read Here|
|3.||CTET Certificate Validity||Read Here|
|4.||CTET Passing Marks||Read Here|
|5.||Career Prospects After Qualifying CTET||Read Here|
Sahi Prep hai Life Set hai!