CTET Qualifying Marks 2023
CTET passing marks for Paper 1 and Paper 2 are the same. Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks are issued a valid certificate to appear in the teacher recruitment examination. The CTET qualifying mark for the general category is 90 out of 150, while the qualifying mark for other categories is 82.5 out of 150.
CTET is a qualifying exam, consisting of two papers namely Paper 1 & 2. Aspirants have to obtain CTET passing marks to pass Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is for Primary Teachers (Classes 1 to 5)
- Paper 2 is for Secondary Teachers (Classes 6 to 8).
- Both papers are conducted for a total of 150 marks and include 150 questions.
- The question paper shall be Bilingual (Hindi/English).
CTET Passing Marks by Category
For the General category, aspirants must secure 60% in the examination to pass the exam. A good thing for all the appearing candidates is that there is no negative marking for wrong attempts. Understanding the CTET cut off is extremely beneficial because it allows you to set a goal and focus on it.
It also helps to understand the level of difficulty of the paper and the efforts required to ace the exam. It also aids in the development of a strategy for passing the exam with a score higher than the CTET qualifying marks 2023. The category-wise CTET passing marks have been provided below for the reference of the candidates:
- CTET Passing Marks for General: The candidates will have to score 90 out of 150 to qualify for the exam.
- CTET Qualifying Marks for SC/ST: The candidates will have to score 85 out of 150 to qualify for the exam.
- CTET Passing Marks for OBC: The candidates will have to score 85 marks out of 150 to qualify for CTET.
|Category||Marks Out 150||Percentage|
|SC & ST||82||55%|
How to Check CTET Qualifying Marks?
Candidates should be aware of the steps to check the qualifying marks of CTET. They can follow the steps given below to check the CTET passing marks 2023.
- Candidates can visit the official website.
- Click on the CTET result link.
- Enter the roll number.
- Click on Submit.
- Check the CTET result and cutoff.
Factors Determining CTET Passing Marks
There are several factors on which the CTET qualifying marks depend. The factors include the following:
- Number of appeared candidates in the Exam
- Minimum qualifying marks for CTET
- Number of registered candidates for the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
CTET Qualifying Marks for Female
The CTET qualifying marks for female is no different from other categories. General category female candidates need to score 60% to pass the exam while reserved categories female candidates need to score 55%.
Candidates who secure the qualifying marks will be able to download their scorecard from their DigiLocker account. The scorecard will be shared by the CBSE board directly in the DigiLocker account of the respective candidates.
CTET Certificate Validity
Candidates will be issued a CTET certificate once they pass the exam. The details about the validity of the CTET certificate have been elaborated on below:
- The Validity Period of the CTET qualifying certificate for appointment will be life (lifetime validity) from the date of declaration of the results.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET Certificate.
- A person who has qualified for CTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
Commentswrite a comment