This saying is one hundred per cent true when we talk about the starting of preparation for a very challenging national-level exam like CSIR NET JRF. Every year several students appear in this exam, and very few get selected. The competition for the CSIR UGC NET JRF has increased manifold in the last few years. This provided a way for coaching institutions to spread their roots. There are several coaching institutes running throughout the country for the preparation of CSIR NET JRF.
But is taking coaching necessary to qualify for this exam? Is it so??
The answer is no.
By seeing a lot of competition and breakdowns, we generally set our minds that by taking coaching, we can qualify for this exam. But this is wrong; coaching is never the assurance of your success. It is a common myth among candidates that coaching is necessary to qualify for this examination. Because it completely depends on you what you are and where you want to go. Even an average student can qualify if they puts the proper effort in the right direction.
You can surely clear NET-JRF 2023 without taking the coaching. It does not matter whether you are preparing for coaching or without coaching; all it matters is your hard work, dedication, and the structure of your preparation strategy. To qualify for this exam, you must have good planning and proper execution. Here in this ongoing article, we will tell you some important strategy tips that can help you qualify for the CSIR-UGC NET JRF 2023 Exam without coaching.
1. The Right Time to Start Preparation
- One frequently asked the question is, 'what would be the right time to start preparing for CSIR-UGC NET JRF?'
- If we talk about the right time, it can be said that the "Right time to do anything is when you are sure about it and want to do it." It is never too late to achieve your goals. But ideally speaking, for a technical exam like CSIR-UGC NET, it is advisable to start preparing from your college days, i.e., graduation or post-graduation. In this time period, most of us set our priorities. And because you have ample time for preparation, you can efficiently go through good reference books and practice as much as you want.
2. Review the Complete Syllabus
- The very first step towards starting the preparation for CSIR-UGC NET JRF 2023 is the analysis of the syllabus. When you decide to appear in CSIR-UGC NET, take a look at the syllabus. List out the topics from where questions are normally reframed. Having an idea of the syllabus will help you to make a selection of the topics which you should cover and which you can skip for later study. Pin your syllabus to your study table; it may help you to save time.
3. Choose an Appropriate Study Material
- Preparing for CSIR-UGC NET is not an easy task and a critical decision for your career. You will find countless books available when we talk about the study material. But choosing the appropriate and standard study material is much more important.
- Go through the standard books during preparation and choose those you can easily understand. Because CSIR NET demands clarity and a deep understanding of concepts.
- Standard books are also important because sometimes the questions asked in the exam are directly from them. So this will help you to score good marks.
- In addition, you can take help from the internet to clear your concepts. Some video lectures and animated videos are available on the internet, which can help build your concepts.
- Always try to remain in touch with the research articles as many questions are framed from them too.
4. Analyze the Exam Pattern
- This is a critical point. You should have a proper idea about the CISR NET paper pattern of an exam in which you will appear. CSIR UGC NET exam paper consists of three parts with various negative marking patterns according to a different subject.
- Have a look at the previous year's papers. It will give you an immense idea about the pattern of the paper and the areas from where questions are frequently asked.
5. Make the Study Plan
- It is better to plan half an hour before an efficient study for six hours rather than to study twelve hours a day with zero planning. Identifying your weak and strong areas will be easy to work on and improve them.
6. Prepare your Own Notes
- For last-minute revision, nothing is better than your self-made notes. While studying, try to prepare your own notes. As the notes are concise and in your own words, they are easy to learn by heart. You don't have enough time to go through the reference books at the last moment of study. At this time, this concise material will be proven effective.
7. Time Management
- Time management is important to win this game of CSIR-UGC NET 2023. The more you spend, the more you gain. Study as much as you can. But don't count the hours. Go for smart study.
- Decide some hours to cover new topics every day according to your potential. After clearing a concept, try to do the previous year's questions for the topic.
- Divide hours for new content reading, revision, and practising questions per your requirement.
- In addition to that, time management during the exam is also very crucial. Give the required time to each section and try to maintain the speed. It is seen that sometimes even after knowing the answers, candidates cannot answer because of the lack of time. This problem can only be removed by properly managing time.
8. Proper Revision
- A solid, planned, and strict revision plan should be followed and maintained throughout the preparation phase. It must be kept in mind that revision is the key to success in this examination.
9. Practice Papers
- This is the final stroke of your preparation strategy. Solve the practice papers in time duration of three hours.
- If possible, join any online mock test series two to three months before the exam. While performing in these practice sets, you will be aware of your silly mistakes. Work on these mistakes, which will help improve your concepts before the exam.
- This way, you will better adapt to tackle the exam pressure. Practising a lot of papers will boost your confidence. And if you have already practised three hours of the exam many times before the main exam, it may help you in the exam centre.
10. Positive Attitude:
- Above all, what matters is your mental strength. Having a positive attitude towards your work spreads positive vibes. It will be very helpful to maintain your confidence and make you energetic.
- Keep the patience and be determined to your target.
Note:- While facing the exam, keep calm and stay confident.