CSIR NET Physics 2023
The CSIR NET Exam is conducted for five different subjects and one of them is CSIR NET Physical Science. This is a technical subject and only those aspirants who are interested and passionate about Physics must opt for it. This is because the exam requires expertise in the subject as the candidates are contesting for the position of Assistant Professors. The syllabus, weightage, and preparation tips to ace the exam for CSIR NET Physics are illustrated below.
Topics Weightage in CSIR NET Physics Exam
The table below contains detailed data on all the topics and the number of questions asked from the following topics in the previous physics question papers for the CSIR NET 2023. The candidates can analyze the data and prepare their preparation plan accordingly.
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Differential Equation of Orbit||1|
|Solid State Physics||1|
CSIR NET Physics Syllabus
The first and foremost step is to go through the CSIR NET Physics Syllabus before starting your preparation for the examination. Analyzing the syllabus will help the candidates understand the topics they need to prepare for the exam.
|Syllabus for CSIR NET Physical Science|
|Core||Mathematical Methods of Physics|
|Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics|
|Electronics and Experimental Methods|
|Advanced||Mathematical Methods of Physics|
|Atomic & Molecular Physics|
|Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics|
|Nuclear and Particle Physics|
|Condensed Matter Physics|
|Electronics and Experimental Methods|
Best Books for CSIR NET Physics Exam
Study material plays a vital role in the level and quality of the preparation for any exam. Hence, it is critical that aspirants refer to the latest and most recommended books in the Physics subject to clear the exam. The table below contains the list of the few books with the list of best CSIR NET Books.
|Higher Engineering Mathematics||B. S. Grewal|
|Mathematical Methods for Physicists||Arfken and Weber|
|Solid State Physics||Ashcroft and Mermin|
|Introduction to Electrodynamics||Griffiths|
|Introduction to Quantum Mechanics||Griffiths|
|Introductory Nuclear Physics||Kenneth S. Krane|
|Classical Mechanics||J C Upadhya|
CSIR NET Physics Preparation Tips
The candidates must formulate some preparation tips before starting their preparations for the exam. The preparation tips mentioned below will help the candidates to make their preparations easy and effective.
- Previous Year Question Papers: Solving the CSIR NET previous year question papers can give you an idea of the question pattern that usually follows in the physics exam. Candidates can look for and highlight questions that have been asked repeatedly. The highlighted questions should be revised more thoroughly because there is a good chance they may be asked again.
- Keep Revising: The candidates must revise every covered topic to ensure they do not forget it. Revision can help you double-check your preparation for the exam and help you to avoid any confusion while giving the examination.
- Notes will Help: Preparing handwritten notes based on your understanding will significantly assist you in readily revising the topics and key points at any moment. Handwritten notes can be employed at the last minute to save time.
- Test Yourself: It is vital to test your knowledge during the preparation. CSIR NET Mock Tests and Quizzes are an excellent way to test yourself.
- Positive Mindset: A positive mindset will help you prepare for the exams with a calm and fresh mind.
- Grasp The Concepts: Just learning the concepts and topics will not help in the long run. The candidates need to understand the concepts behind the topics and keep revising them.
CSIR NET Physical Science Study Plan
To begin, familiarise yourself with the CSIR NET physical science syllabus. Then you must make and stick to a schedule that efficiently organizes both your time and the sections that must be completed. To help you pass the exam, you can find and practice multiple mock tests and previous year's question questions online. A complete study plan for physics preparation is provided here.
- Understanding of Syllabus: Start by understanding the CSIR NET Syllabus. Recognize the topics that need to be included in papers. It will assist you in developing more efficient exam preparation tactics. You need to know where you should invest the most time and effort.
- Solving previous year's question Paper: Before taking the exam, you should understand the questions that will be asked. Continue to practice physical science previous year's papers to help reinforce concepts and decrease time spent understanding questions on exam day. The previous year's papers are the most valuable and reliable source for exam preparation.
- Understand the Exam Pattern: You'll know what topics you need to study once you've reviewed the syllabus. To understand the marks distribution and marking scheme, understand the CSIR NET Exam Pattern.
- Recognize your strengths and drawbacks: Know your weak points and work to improve them, as well as your strong points, so that you can include them in your strategy. You'll also have to figure out which parts of the syllabus require the most attention and which can be accomplished in a shorter time. The rest of your graph can then be scheduled dependent on how long each topic takes.
Paper Analysis of CSIR NET Physical Science
The table below contains brief information on the CSIR NET physics exam analysis. The candidates can analyze the table below and formulate strategies to attempt the examination accordingly. Our subject experts have analyzed the previous year's question paper and according to them, the exam was between moderate to difficult.
|Part Name||Total MCQs||Total MCQs to be Attempted||Difficulty Level|
|Part B||25||20||Moderate to difficult|
|Part C||30||20||Moderate to difficult|
|Total||75||55||Moderate to difficult|
CSIR NET Physics Exam Pattern
The CSIR NET Physics exam consists of a single paper with multiple-choice questions. The exam has a maximum score of 200 points and is 180 minutes long. Section A consists of 20 analytics questions based on general aptitude subjects. Section B will have 25 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) covering the syllabus's topics in Part 'A' (CORE). Section C will have 30 questions from Part B' (Advanced) and Part 'A' (Core). This section's questions assess analytical abilities, research abilities, and concept clarity.
Each section of the paper will evaluate the candidate's understanding and knowledge of the subject. The CSIR NET physics pattern is shown in the table below:
|Physical Science||Total Questions||Max Question to attempt||Marks for the correct answer||Negative Marks|
CSIR NET Physics Question Paper
Going through the previous year's question paper helps the candidates understand the question asked they may face in their upcoming examinations. The table below contains the list of CSIR NET Physics question papers:
|Paper||SET||Month||Question Paper PDF||Answer Key PDF|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2019||SET A||June||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2019||SET B||June||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2019||SET C||June||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2018||SET A||June||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2018||SET B||June||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2018||SET C||June||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2018||SET A||December||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2018||SET B||December||Download Here||Download Here|
|CSIR NET Physical Science Paper 2018||SET C||December||Download Here||Download Here|
Commentswrite a comment