Validity Period of CSIR NET Award Letter
The validity of the CSIR NET certificate is different for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. We have mentioned the validity period below:
- Candidates who qualify for JRF can use the certificate for 2 Years only from the issue date.
- This certificate will be valid for a Lifetime after qualifying for a Lectureship.
Documents Must Be Submitted Before Downloading the Certificate
Some important documents need to be submitted by a candidate before downloading the certificate. These documents need to be shared at the official address of the Council Of Scientific & Industrial Research. CSIR verifies all the documents before releasing the certificate. A list of documents that need to be submitted is mentioned below:
- CSIR NET Admit Card.
- Marksheet of the CSIR NET Exam.
- Class 10th Marksheet (Proof of the date of Birth)
- M.Sc., Integrated BS-MS, B.E/B.Tech, B-Pharma, MBBS or an Equivalent Degree with the Required % of Marks.
- The conversion formula certificate for converting CGPA or SGPA from the concerned university states the percentage of qualifying degrees.
- In the case of a dual degree, marks bifurcation is required.
- Physically disability certificate for the disabled and visually handicapped candidates (If Applicable).
- Proof for EWS category.
- Caste Certificate, if Applicable.
**Before sending the documents, the candidate must ensure to Superscribe the envelope with "Documents for June/December (JRF/LS-Part-I-Result) NET Exam & Roll no. ____________."
Instructions Need to be Followed Before Sending the Documents
Candidates need to follow some important instructions carefully before sending the documents. Go through every instruction to avoid difficulty in the documentation process. Instructions issued by the CSIR are as follows:
- Those certificates in languages other than Hindi or English must be translated into Hindi or English before sending. Original Certificates should be self-attested.
- OBC Candidates need to submit their OBC certificate as per the specified format on the official website.
- Candidates who are in the final year of MSc and still waiting for the result or in the Result awaited category can only process the documents after completing their qualification.
- The official time to collect the award letter in person is from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and from 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. on working days. Candidates should bring the self-attested documents mentioned above with them (Should not be sent by post or mail).
Steps to Download the CSIR NET Certificate
CSIR and UGC release certificates in 3 parts. Following are the steps to download the CSIR NET Certificate:
- Go to the official website and log in with the help of your Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Fill in the required details, choose the exam and click on proceed button.
- After login in successfully, you will be able to download the certificate.
- Print the certificate and save it for future use.
Steps To Be Followed When CSIR NET Certificate is Not Received
After completing all the steps mentioned above, sometimes candidates face difficulties downloading the CSIR NET certificate. In such cases candidate needs to follow some steps, which are mentioned below:
- Send an email with the CSIR Reference number and roll number to the official mail id - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates residing nearby can visit the Head Office of the Certification Section.
- Candidates can send the request letter to the Head, NET Bureau, UGC, and ask for the certificate.
Note: If you missed submitting any of the documents mentioned above, you can include those documents with the request letter.
Instructions to Issue Duplicate CSIR NET Certificate
In any case, if candidates failed to receive the original certificate or if they lost the original one, then the candidate can re-issue the certificate by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Candidates can make an affidavit on a judicial stamp paper with all the important details of the candidate, including the Applicant's name, roll number, exam subject, and candidate address, and this affidavit should be attested by the competent authority & issued by the UGC. w
- Candidates have to mention clearly in the affidavit that on finding the CSIR original certificate, they would not misuse it and send the duplicate one to the NET Bureau.
- The candidate needs to issue a demand draft of INR 100/- along with the affidavit in favor of the Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, which has to be paid at the State Bank Of India, Service Branch (Code No. 7687).
- The candidate should register an FIR at the Police Station and attached the attested copy of it along with an affidavit.
- FIR comprising the attestation stamp of a Class-I gazetted officer with the candidate's details (name, designation, official address, etc.)
CSIR NET Sample Certificate
Candidates can find below the sample for the CSIR NET certificate
Career Scope After Qualifying CSIR NET Exam 2022
Candidates need to understand the CSIR NET certificate's benefits to get the most out of it. We have mentioned some career scope and benefits below:
- PhD. after qualifying CSIR NET Exam.
- Research Fellow in Labs.
- Career as a Laboratory Technician or Support Executive.
- Lectureship or Assistant Professor.
- Work as a Scientific Officer.
- Job Opportunities in various PSUs.
- Scholarships and Fellowship after qualifying CSIR NET.
- Opportunity to become researchers in various Government Research Labs.
To boost the preparation of all our users, we have come up with some free video (Live Class) series, free quizzes, and previous papers.
Here are the links:
- Daily Free Video Series - Click Here
- Daily Free Quizzes - Click Here
- Attempt CSIR-NET Previous Papers - Click Here
More from us:
- Get Unlimited access to Structured Live Courses and Mock Tests
- Get Unlimited access to 20+ Mock Tests
~ Keep upvoting this article and share it among your friends.
→ If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
App Link: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm