What is CMAT Score?
The CMAT Marks obtained by the candidates based on the specified marking scheme are called CMAT Scores. In other words, it is the sum total of marks obtained by the candidates in all 5 sections of CMAT. To calculate the CMAT Score, candidates can follow the below-mentioned process:
- CMAT Question Paper comprises 100 questions divided into 5 sections. The total CMAT Exam Duration is 3 hours.
- The candidates will get +4 for every correct answer. Check How to Prepare CMAT in 1 Month?
- However, -1 will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- For unanswered questions, CMAT Marks are neither awarded nor deducted
- The CMAT Total Score is computed by totaling the marks as per the number of questions attempted by the candidates.
Note the table below to get an idea of the CMAT Exam Pattern and marking scheme
Number of Sections
CMAT Exam Duration
Number of questions
+4 for every correct answer
-1 for every incorrect answer
How to Calculate CMAT Score?
Given below is a sample of the CMAT Score Calculation Process. The candidates must go through it to predict their score for the upcoming CMAT Exam.
Marks for Correct Answers
Marks for Wrong Answers
What is CMAT Percentile?
It is the relative score that reveals the percentage of candidates acquiring a lower score than a specific candidate is called the CMAT Percentile. To put it separately, it is a measure of ranking the candidates based on their performance. It shows the candidate's position on the CMAT Merit List. Get all the details for CMAT Registration. The candidates must note the below two things while calculating the CMAT Percentile.
- The percentile of the total CMAT Score will not be the sum or average of the CMAT Percentile of the respective subjects. Go through the CMAT Eligibility in detail.
- The CMAT Percentile Score will not be the same as the percentage of CMAT Marks obtained. Stay updated with information regarding CMAT Exam Date 2023.
CMAT Percentile Calculation Process
The candidates can calculate the CMAT Percentile using the below formula. You must note that CMAT Percentile is generally calculated based on the candidate’s rank vs the number of candidates who appeared in the exam.
- Total Percentile (TP1) = 100 x (Number of candidates who appeared from the session with raw score EQUAL TO or LESS than T1 score/ Total No. of candidates who appeared in the session). Get all the details for CMAT Cut Off.
- For example, suppose 100000 candidates appeared in CMAT Entrance Exam. And candidate A has got the No.1 Rank. Then CMAT Percentile score will be 100 x 99999/100000= 99.999. Check CMAT Syllabus and be prepared accordingly.
CMAT Rank Allocation Process
As per the trends, CMAT Ranks are allotted based on the CMAT Marks scored by the candidates. If you score the most marks out of 400 among all CMAT Exam Takers, then you secure All India Rank 1. In case more than one candidate secures the same ranking, the same CMAT Rank is assigned to all of them but is displayed in the CMAT Merit List by sorting their names alphabetically. Get all the details for CMAT Books as per expert recommendation.
The CMAT Rank of the subsequent candidate is then extended by the number of additional students having the same rank. For example, if three students get the 25th Rank, the subsequent candidate will be ranked 28th. Check CMAT Answer Key in detail.
CMAT Score vs Percentile
The aspirants will get a detailed analysis of the CMAT Marks vs Percentile 2022 after declaring the CMAT Merit List. However, based on the expert analysis of the past few years CMAT Score vs Percentile, below is an expected CMAT Score vs Percentile 2022.
CMAT Percentile 2022
CMAT Score 2022
345 – 359
90 – 99.99
296 – 344
80 – 89
230 – 295
71 – 79
181 – 229
61 – 70
131 – 175
51 – 60
115 – 129
50 and below