What is Pie Chart?
Pie Chart is an important topic under the Quantitative Techniques section of CLAT & other Law entrance exams. Pie Chart is a circular form of Data representation. In this, the circle is divided into sectors either per cent-wise or degree-wise. In the per cent-wise division, the total area of the chart is taken to be 100% and in the degree-wise division, the total area of the chart is taken to be 360o.
Importance of Pie Charts in CLAT and Other Law Entrance Exams
The link between a part-to-whole unit is shown by a pie chart. Each slice of the pie chart represents one component, and the sum of all the slices equals the total. It is a graphical representation of information. In everyday life, a pie chart is employed. It is very scoring and is within the Quantitative Techniques portion of the CLAT Exam and other Law Entrance Exams. The section is a decisive component of CLAT as 13-17 questions will be asked from Quantitative Techniques.
Data analysis questions, which can take the form of graphs and charts, are almost always found in the Math section.
Without correct knowledge of percentages, averages, and equation set, the figures may appear frightening.
Data Interpretation puts your math and analytical skills to the test.
If you are skilled with numbers, knowing how to read Pie charts can help you get good grades.
CLAT Pie Chart Questions
A few of the sample questions are given below. You can also download CLAT Question Papers to solve past year pie chart questions for better understanding & practice.
Directions: Study the following pie chart and answer the questions that follow:
Total Number of Teachers = 6400
(Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank 2012)
Question 1: If one-thirty-sixth of the number of teachers from university F is professors and the salary of each professor is Rs 96000, what will be the total salary of all the professors together from university F?
 Rs. 307.2 lakh
 Rs. 32.64 lakh
 Rs. 3.072 lakh
 Rs. 3.264 lakh
 None of these
Number of teachers from university F = 18% of 6400 = 1152
1/36 of 1152 = 32
Total salary = 32*96000 = 3072000 = 30.72 lakh. Answer  is correct. (Note the tricky options  and )
Question 2: The difference between the total number of teachers in University A, B, and C together and the total number of teachers in university D, E, and F together is exactly equal to the number of teachers in which university?
(You don’t even have to calculate the number of teachers. Just presence of mind is needed.)
Number of teachers in university A, B and C = 11+17+19 = 47%
Number of teachers in university D, E and F = 6+29+18 = 53%
Difference = 6% = University D. Answer  is correct.
Question 3: What is the average of teachers in universities A, C, D and F together?
 None of these
Again, solving it quickly.
11+19+6+18 = 54%. Average = 54/4 % = [54/400]*6400 = 54*16 = 864.
Answer  is correct.
Question 4: If twenty-five percent of the number of teachers in university C is female, what is the number of male teachers in university C?
 None of these
Number of teachers in university C = 19% of 6400 = 19*64 = 1216
25% of this is female. Hence remaining 75% is male.
Number of male teachers = 75% of 1216 = [3/4]*1216 = 912. Option  is correct.
Question 5: Number of teachers in university B is approximately what percent of the total number of teachers in university D and E together?
Just solve the percentages.
University B = 17%. University D+E = 6+29 = 35%
Required percentage = [17/35]*100 = approx. 49%. Answer is 
Practice is the only way to increase your attempts in the exam and it will also help you improve your speed as well as calculation skills. Try to attempt a lot of sets of Data Interpretation to analyze your preparation level.
To help you out in your exam preparation, we suggest you take a free trial of CLAT 2022: A Comprehensive Course. Crack CLAT 2022 & Reach Your Dream NLU! So, why wait?
CLAT 2022: A Comprehensive Preparation Course Batch 3
The most comprehensive exam prep app.