What is CLAT English Language?
In this section of the CLAT Exam, the candidates will be given passages of around 450 words each. The concepts of these passages are generally taken from modern or historically significant fiction, and nonfiction works. The questions from each passage of CLAT English Language will be followed by 4-5 questions designed to test candidates' comprehension abilities. Note the below section to get a detailed overview of the CLAT 2024 English Language syllabus and paper pattern. You must know these things before starting your CLAT Preparation.
Important Topics for CLAT English Language Syllabus 2024
As per the previous year's CLAT Analysis, the CLAT English Language section mainly consists of questions related to Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension. The candidates can expect 28 to 32 MCQs in the CLAT English Language questions part. Below are some important topics that you must prepare to complete CLAT 2024 English Language Syllabus.
- Finding Errors
- Fill in the blanks
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Reading Comprehension
- Error in Spelling
- Proverbs and Adverbs
- Idioms and Phrases
- Phrase Replacement
CLAT English Language Marking Scheme
Note the table below to get the official marking scheme of CLAT English Language.
☛ Related Links:
Previous Year CLAT English Language Paper Analysis
In general, the overall difficulty level for the English Language for CLAT is usually medium. The candidates can expect 6-7 passages of around 450 words in CLAT English Language. Below we have listed the past year's analysis of this section, which you must check before starting preparation.
- In 2022, the questions asked in this section were moderate but lengthy. The topics asked in this section are Cryptocurrencies, Public Speaking, Narrative, Modern Animal Rights, etc.
- In 2021, a total of 30 questions were asked in this section, and passage-based CLAT English Questions were 6. However, the difficulty level was moderate.
- In 2020, the questions asked in this section were moderate and doable. In a total of 6 comprehensive CLAT English Language passages were asked.
☛ Related Links:
Books to Study CLAT 2024 English Language
To score well in the CLAT English Language section, the aspirants must have in-depth knowledge of vocabulary, Grammar and comprehension. The candidates can follow the below-mentioned CLAT Books to prepare for the CLAT English Language section for the upcoming exam.
Books for CLAT English Language Syllabus
High School English Grammar and Composition
Wren & Martin
Objective General English
Word Power Made Easy
A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
English Is Easy
Chetan Anand Singh
Рeаrsоn Guide tо the СLАT
How to Prepare for CLAT English Language 2024?
This section of CLAT UG consists of 450 words passages, which you need to read carefully to get the answers to the given questions. There will be a series of questions which will test your reading and comprehension skills. In this article, BYJU'S Exam Prep experts have mentioned some important tips to prepare for CLAT English Language.
- Read newspapers and news articles daily for at least 2-3 hours. It will help you to comprehend the meaning of the passage. You can easily learn and understand the arguments and viewpoints of the CLAT English Language passage.
- Plan a practice time for all types of questions. Do not neglect, and do not be overconfident if you are able to answer the questions in CLAT English Language. Solve official CLAT Sample Paper regularly to understand the question types, topics covered and difficulty level.
- Be focused on your reading skills. It is important because it can aid you in handling the time throughout the exam. You can reduce the time it takes you to respond to the CLAT Question Paper if you practice reading. Start with the basics and choose a good book to read when you have free time. Reading regularly is a desirable habit in addition to aiding with exam preparation for CLAT English Language.
Reading Comprehension Tips for CLAT English Language
The most important tip for CLAT 2024 English Language syllabus for Reading Comprehension is that the candidates must read the passages well. Read questions firsts to that you can find the keywords and then look into the passage.
- Never memorise the passage. Try to understand the passage's structure, meaning and premises.
- If the CLAT English Language passage is too tough for you and leaves it for the end. Solve the easy questions firsts, and do not waste time on the difficult ones.
- Solve the factual questions first, and then solve interpretative questions, as these require more time to solve.
CLAT English Language Tips for Grammar
Learn each and every rule of grammar. It is very important to solve grammatical questions in CLAT English Language 2024.
- Work on your weak areas, and practice a lot to improve it. Do not memorise anything, as grammar can not be prepared by memorising the concepts.
- If you're unsure, read the rules once more to make sure you comprehend them. With a pin, indicate the questions that you didn't understand, answered incorrectly, or took too long to complete.
Commentswrite a comment