Location of Charminar in India
Muhammad Quli Qutb Shahi ordered to build Charminar in Hyderabad city. It was constructed in 1591 as he shifted his capital to Hyderabad from Golkonda. It is said that Muhammad Quli prayed to god to end viral diseases spreading across the locality. He took the oath to build a mosque if the disease ended.
One can imagine the importance of this heritage building as it is the icon of Hyderabad city. Muhammad Quli built it after he shifted the capital of his kingdom to Hyderabad. Earlier, it was Golkonda. Historical and religious sentiments are related to this popular building. Some quick facts about Charminar are as follows:
- Charminar is older than 425 years.
- It is listed in the monuments prepared by the Archaeological Survey of India.
- Charminar is the official icon of Telangana State and Hyderabad city.
- Archaeological Survey of India is the current caretaker of Charminar.
- According to mythology, it was built in the middle of the city to fight against Plague (A widely spread disease at that time).
- Charminar is also known as Arc De Triomphe of the East because of its architecture.
- The Southernmost Point of India is Located in ______
- Where is India Located and Who are its Neighbours?
- Where are Most Iron and Steel plants located in India?
- Describe the Location of India
- What is the Significance of India’s Central Location?
- The Central Location of India at the Head of the Indian Ocean is Considered of Great Significance. Why?