- Weightage : Weightage of inorganic chemistry are : 4% for coordination compounds, 5% for s-block elements, 6% for p-block elements, 2% for Co-ordination and Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties. Many questions are asked from this inorganic part. Approximately 40-50%.
- Previous trends: Questions are asked regarding preparation, properties, position of elements in periodic tables etc. Many questions are asked directly from your NCERT textbook. Chemical bonding is the most important part of inorganic chemistry, it’s concepts are even used in organic chemistry. Second is the s-block and p-block element. D-block elements and their transition are asked every year. Questions are asked directly from the hydrogen part.
- Pattern of question: In inorganic chemistry, mainly theoretical questions are asked which includes methodology, preparation, properties, characteristics of different elements of the periodic properties. Chemical bonding constitutes a major portion of inorganic chemistry.
Strategies to deal with most common question:-
- Study properties of Oxides, peroxides, hydroxides, carbonates, bicarbonates, chlorides and sulfates of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- For transition elements, focus on definition, general characteristics, oxidation states and their stability, color and calculation of spin-only magnetic moment.
- Memorize the periodic table very well. Also, understand the bonding between different elements of the same group or different groups.
- Try to write all important formula and equation at one place to revise before the exam. Be thorough with chemical reactions and properties.
- For metallurgy, try to understand all metallurgical operations and their applications. And once this is done, study for the individual elements.
- Make a practice of translating a word equation into chemical equations in terms of chemical formulas.This would help you to understand any type question involving different chemical equations.
- Read co-ordination compounds and understand it’s concept deeply. Isomerism is the important and scoring sub-topic of this part.
- Inorganic chemistry consists mainly of reactions, so try to understand it instead of mugging up. You need to revise theories in inorganic chemistry from time to time.
The JEE Main Application form link for the April/May session has been opened again. Students can apply or withdraw from future sessions. The aspirants who have already applied can modify their particulars. You can apply for JEE Main 2021 on the official website. We will provide the direct link to fill the application form for JEE Main 2021.
Gradeup has been a constant guide and mentor for JEE aspirants. For guiding you through these last crucial days of preparation, Gradeup offers Live Classroom program.
Make yourself exam ready in the best way possible for JEE Main future sessions and JEE Advanced with our new courses.
Start your free trial of the course now from links provided below.
All The Best
Sahi prep hai toh life set hai