The Union Cabinet has recently introduced National Recruitment Agency (NRA). NRA shall conduct the Common Eligibility Test (CET) for recruitment to various non-gazetted government posts. This test is beneficial for candidates in various ways like:
- Low fees
- Reduced time and efforts
- No clashing exam dates
- A single registration portal for registration
- CET to be held in every district, which will save travel/lodging costs.
Overview of NRA CET for 10th Pass Students
Common Eligibility Test (CET)
NRA - National Recruitment Agency
Frequency of exams
Twice in a year
No. of language mediums of exam
12 Major Indian Languages
Validity of CET score
Covers recruitment by
1) Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
2) Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
3) The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
No. of centres
1000+ across India
No. of attempts
Unlimited (subject to age limit)
NRA CET - Salient Features
- To facilitate recruitment to vacancies at various levels, viz., graduates, 12th pass, and 10th pass, different CETs will be conducted.
- Initially, CET will screen recruitments by 3 agencies, i.e., SSC, RRB, and IBPS. Its scope will enlarge in a phased manner.
- It is a 1st level (entrance) test to shortlist aspirants. The subsequent selection process will be conducted by concerned agencies depending upon the job positions.
Eligibility Criteria for NRA CET for 10th Pass
The eligibility of candidates shall be based on three factors:
- Education qualification
- Age limit (with relaxation for certain categories)
NRA CET for 10th Pass Eligibility Criteria 2021
SSC GD Constable (BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, SSF, SSB, NIA, and riflemen)
Must pass 10th Standard with recognized school board
Must pass 10th Standard with recognized school board with minimum 50%
Age relaxation in the upper age limit
Children and dependent of victims killed in the communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat or 1984 riots
Exams Included in NRA CET for 10th Pass
NRA CET includes exams for vacancies in different agencies. The main exams included are as follows:
NRA CET Exam
List of CET Exam
NRA CET SSC
SSC GD Constable
NRA CET RRB
Apprentices, Group D
NRA CET IBPS
Apprentice, Office Attendant
Exams Pattern of NRA CET for 10th Pass
NRA CET for 10th pass students will include four sections, viz., General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English Language.
In the absence of any official notification, the expected exam pattern of CET is as follows:
- The exam will be for a total of 200 marks.
- It will consist of 4 sections with 25 questions each = Total 100 questions of 2 marks each.
- The exam will have a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Time duration: 60 minutes.
No. of Questions
NRA CET for 10th Pass: Syllabus and Books
The NRA is yet to release an official notification. However, candidates can start their preparation based on the following expected syllabus:
Profit & Loss
Mixtures and Alligations
Simple Interest & Compound Interest &
Fill in the blanks
Surds & Indices
Work & Time
Time & Distance
Dates and Events
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Editing and omission
States and Capitals
Volume and Surface Area
Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting
Countries, Capitals, and Currencies
Statements & Arguments
Problems on H.C.F & L.C.M.
Simple Interest and compound interest
One word substitution
Square Root and Cube Root
Idioms and phrases
Synonyms and Antonyms
Boats and Streams
Jumbled words/ sentences
Art and culture
Cubes and Dices
Recommended Author’s books
- R S Aggarwal
- Jaikishan & Premkishan
- B S Sijwalii & Indu Sijwali
- Rajesh Verma
- R S Aggarwal
- SC Gupta
- Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Sinha
NRA CET: Application Process, Fee, Exam Date, and Admit Card
The NRA will shortly release the notification for the following events:
- Application process
- NRA CET exam fee
- Last of filing the exam form
- Exam date
- Result date
- Admit card
NRA CET for 10th Pass Students: Expected Cut-Off
After the CET, NRA will separately release actual cut-off marks. For an idea, please refer to the below expected cut-off category wise:
CET Expected Cut Off
SSC GD Constable Cut Off
Q.1 How to apply for the NRA CET exam?
No official notification is issued yet. However, candidates have to apply online for this exam.
Q.2 What is the exam date of NRA CET for 10th pass students?
No official notification is issued yet. It is expected that the NRA CET will be conducted in early 2022.
Q.3 Are there any government jobs for 10th pass candidates?
Yes. 10th pass candidates can appear for the following government jobs through the NRA CET exam:
- SSC GD Constable
- RRB Apprentices, Group D
- IBPS Apprentice, IBPS Office Attendant
Q.4 What is the language medium of NRA CET for 10th pass?
The exam will be conducted in 12 major Indian language mediums.
Q.5 What is the recruitment/selection process in NRA CET for 10th pass applicants?
CET is an entrance test. Shortlisted aspirants will go through further rounds by the concerned agencies depending upon the job positions.