NRA CET 2021-2022: The National Recruitment Agency (NRA) has been set to conduct the Common Eligibility Test (CET) for various Government exams (non-gazetted posts) for Banking, SSC and Railways approved by Union Cabinet. This means a single CET exam for Government Jobs will be held for IBPS, SSC, and RRB as Tier 1. This single common entrance examination for all non-gazetted posts (Group B and C) will completely change the Government job recruitment process. The CET score will remain valid for three years (however, you can take CET every year in order to improve your CET score), and based on your score you can apply for your desired Banking, SSC & Railways recruitment for a higher level of exam.
Common Eligibility Test (CET) will be conducted across the country from early 2022. Please note that NRA CET 2021-2022 will act as a Tier 1 exam while the separate exam conducting bodies will further conduct the Tier 2 & Tier 3 exam based on the exam category. The NRA CET 2022 will be conducted in 12 languages. Below we have listed complete details about CET exam dates, syllabus, age limit, exam pattern for newly launched NRA CET Banking, SSC & Railways.
What is NRA CET?
The full form of NRA CET is National Recruitment Agency (NRA) and Common Eligibility Test (CET). The NRA will be an autonomous society under the Societies Act. The plan for screening the candidates was proposed by finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman. According to the NRA CET approved by Union Cabinet, there will be a single entrance exam to conduct Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) and Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) exam for non-gazetted posts (Group B and C). Through CET, a candidate will have to just prepare for one single entrance exam (Tier 1 or Prelims) for various Government Exams such as Bank, SSC & Railways, thus reducing their time, efforts and stress.
NRA CET Latest News
- Common Eligibility Test (CET) will be conducted across the country from early 2022 and Ladakh will have two centers at Leh and Kargil
- Central Government has announced that the NRA Common Eligibility Test (CET) will be conducted across the country from early 2022
- Union Minister stated that the initiative from the Centre will be undertaken with the personal intervention of Prime Minister
- Haryana Chief Minister on 12th January 2021 announced that a Common Eligibility Test to be conducted by Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) for filling up different posts under Group C and D category
- NRA is likely to conduct CET from September 2021- Union Minister, in reply to questions, stated.
- PM Narendra Modi has announced that NRA CET will start from 2022 in a 'School Education in the 21st Century’ conclave
- The Union Cabinet recently approved a proposal to create the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) to conduct CET for non-technical government posts as well
- The Union Minister Jitendra Singh has recently announced that the state & Union Territories (UTs) will consider NRA CET Score for the state government recruitment process. This will help state Government to save a lot of budget for conducting separate recruitment for various exams
- The Union Minister has further announced that CET will have no correlation or incompatibility with the rules of recruitment such as domicile, etc
- He further stated that public sector undertakings (PSUs) and also the private sector will take CET Score into consideration
- He added- gradually other languages in the 8th schedule of the Constitution will also be included apart from 12 Languages which are being finalized for CET
- There will be new exam centres to be set up in approx 117 districts
- For more updates and NRA CET News, stay tuned!
Also check: NRA CET FAQs on CTET
NRA CET PDF, Download Below
The NRA CET PDF are given below for your reference. You can refer them to understand more about NRA CET. You can download these CET PDFs from the direct link given below. We request you to keep an eye on this page to get the latest PDFs on NRA CET 2021-2022.
NRA CET 2021 Exam: Important Dates
It has been confirmed that the NRA CET 2021 exam will take place from 2022 by PM Narendra Modi.
CET Online Registration Starts
Last Date to Apply Online for CET
CET Admit Card
NRA CET Tier 1 Exam (Bank, SSC & RRB)
CET Tier 1 Result
Exams Covered Under NRA CET: SSC, Bank, Railways
The first round of the selection process which is the screening process (Tier 1 or Prelims) will be taken under CET for the following exams:
Note: CET will be conducted for 3 Levels; Graduate, 12th Pass, and 10th Pass for Non-Technical (Group B & C Posts) for which the recruitment is presently conducted by SSC, RRBs & IBPS.
Important CET Exam Links
SSC CGL, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL, SSC Steno Group C, D,
SSC GD Constable, SSC JHT, SSC MTS
RRB NTPC, etc
IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS SO, RBI Grade B, RBI Assistant, NABARD Grade A, SBI PO, SBI Clerk
Other Banking exams like Nainital Bank, J&K Bank, Dena Bank, IDBI Bank, LIC AAO, LIC Assistants
NIACL AO, NICL AAO, GIC Re Assistant Managers
CET Score & Validity 2021-2022
- Please note that your CET score will remain valid until three years from the date of participation
- You can take the CET exam again in the following years in order to improve your NRA CET Score 2022
- Your CET score will define your aptitude ability and will be counted as Tier 1 or Prelims exam score
- For Tier 2, & Tier 3 you can select your desired exams and based on the CET Score you can further take the Tier 2 & Tier 3
- CET is only the screening test for CET SSC, CET RRB and CET IBPS exams
- Your score will be eligible for State & UTs level Government exams
- Further, in the long run, the public sector undertakings (PSUs) and also the private sector will consider CET Score
CET Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility to apply for will be announced with the release of the official notification for CET important dates. It is expected that there will be no or minor changes in the eligibility criteria to apply for the Prelims/ Tier 1 CET test for Bank, SSC & RRB exams. Additionally, the age relaxation to various categories will remain the same, although the final notification is yet to be released on this. Read more about CET Eligibility here with all detailed information.
CET Age limit
As mentioned earlier, there will be no major changes in the age limit. The NRA CET will be conducted in three levels: 10th pass, 12th pass and graduates. The age limit and eligibility will be based on these three levels. Stay tuned to get the latest updates on CET Age Limit.
Step By Step Guide for NRA CET Recruitment Process
- CET Application Form: The application form will be released on the official site of NRA for various CET levels (namely 10th, 12th & Graduates)
- Download CET Admit Card or Hall Ticket: NRA will release the admit card for CET exam which can be downloaded online from its official website
- Appear for NRA CET Exam: The Prelims will be conducted by NRA
- Result Declaration: NRA will then release the CET result with cut off (sectional- yet to be announced)
- Appear for Next Round of your Desired Exam: Based on the cut-off you can appear for the next stages of your desired recruitment- Bank, SSC, Railways or State Level Exams.
NRA CET Syllabus 2022
The CET syllabus 2021-2022 will be mostly dependent on the current exams for Bank, SSC & Railways. The final syllabus for the NRA CET will be released on the official website of the National Recruitment Agency (NRA). There will be one common CET Syllabus which is in-line with the existing preliminary examinations for Bank, SSC & Railways.
CET Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern will be in accordance with the existing Preliminary Exam Pattern for Bank, SSC & Railways. All the three levels of CET exams (10th pass, 12th pass and graduates) will have separate exam patterns for common exams. Read more about CET Exam Pattern in detail here.
NRA CET Exam Centres
The exam centre list will be out soon before the exam date of the CET exam. This time, the NRA has made sure that every district will have at least one exam centre. Based on your choice of centres and availability you will be allotted the exam centre. We will update the list of the exam centre of NRA CET 2022 as soon as it is out.
Advantages of Instructing NRA
- The NRA will replace 20 recruitment agencies and set up three main entities to conduct exams in three levels; 10th pass, 12th pass and graduates
- Now candidates don’t need to spend money to pay the application fee for each exam separately. This is a big relief for candidates from weaker economic backgrounds
- There will be a total of 12 languages in which the candidates can take up the exam, which also includes regional languages
- There is no bar to attempt the CET, however, the score will remain valid till three years from the date of participation
- This single CET exam will help students reduce their stress and time while letting them focus on their aptitude and other skills.
- The candidates from rural areas will be able to take these exams as each district will have a minimum one exam centre
- The CET will be held twice every year, giving students more opportunities to perform and succeed.
- Now you don’t need to worry about the exam-dates clashes, as you will appear for the single exam for all- Bank, SSC & Railways Recruitment.
- By standardizing the examination process, the government is expecting to save up to ₹ 600 Crores.
CET for Banking Exams
The CET will conduct a single exam for Bank (Group B & C) Non-Gazetted mainly for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS SO. Now the screening of the first level will be done by NRA CET for three levels of categories; 10th, 12th & Graduates. This is going to be the biggest relief to Bank aspirants, as they can further focus on Tier 2 & Interview process which they mainly failed to earlier.
Read also: CET NRA for Banking Exams
CET for SSC Exams
The CET exam for SSC will be a boon for candidates who want to appear for multiple SSC exams, but due to exam-date clashes, they had to make tough decisions of choosing one. Now they can appear for multiple SSC exams by giving a single CET test. Based on their CET scores, candidates can further apply for their dream SSC exam. The SSC exams that will now be conducted by NRA CET are SSC CGL, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL, SSC SSC Steno Group C, D, JHT, etc.
Read also: CET NRA for SSC & Railways Exams
CET for Railways Exams
The candidates preparing for Railways Group B & C exams need not be worried about the exam dates as CET is going to take over the RRB Group B & C exams. Based on the CET score candidates can appear for a higher level of the selection process; which is Mains or Tier 2 & 3. The exam covered under CET Railway is RRB NTPC, etc.
NRA CET Books For Preparations
|NRA CET Books For Preparations|
|NRA CET Books for Quantitative Aptitude|
- Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation Topic-wise Solved Papers by Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
|NRA CET Books for General Intelligence and Reasoning|
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Nishant K Sinha
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
|NRA CET Books for English|
- High School English Grammar and Comprehension by Wren Martin
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
|NRA CET Books for General Awareness|
- General Knowledge Manual by Edgar Thorpe & Showick Thorpe
What are the pros and cons of CET?
As we know that there are two sides to the same coin, similarly everything has two sides. Speaking of which, the Common Eligibility Test (CET) also has its pros and cons.
The number of examinations will be reduced as no individual prelim exam will be taken
Candidates preparing for the Public Service Commission Exam will face difficulty as they prepare in regional language whereas CET is in Hindi and English only.
Money spent on individual exam application forms will be saved
Applicants are estimated to reach around 5 crores in CET, which thereby increases competition manifolds.
Candidates can select one out of three levels that suit them the best to give their maximum output.
The number of aspirants clearing the written rounds will increase. This will increase the candidates for the interview rounds making the interview process more grilling and of a higher perspective.
The validity of the CET score is for 2 years. The candidates can directly give tier 2 which is conducted by the individual authorities for two years as the score for tier 1 (CET) remains valid for a duration of 2 years
Common Eligibility Test (CET): Some Implications
The following implications can be drawn about the new NRA CET system:
- All the recruiting agencies like SSC, Banking, Railway will come together to conduct one exam at the preliminary stage.
- The number of aspirants may reach crores which are already around 40 lakhs now.
- The exam will be conducted for Group B, Group C, and Group D posts
- The whole recruitment process will align with National Career Services.
- High chances of change in syllabus.
- General awareness probably will get more weightage.
- It will be a humongous exam that will be conducted in multiple shifts that spreads over a month.
- The significance of taking test series will increase manifolds as the role of coaching centres will be minimized.
- CET will be a bilingual exam
- Money to apply for multiple examinations will be saved.
- Malpractices will be easier to track down.
- There are three different levels of CET so there will be 3 exams in a year and not just one.
- Speculations are that once you get the job through this examination, your details will be uploaded on the portal and you will not be able to appear for any other exam.
NRA CET Important Links
Also, refer to the following links to understand NRA CET better: