NRA has proposed one CET exam for all government jobs. Under the CET all the entry-stage recruitment exams will come under a single umbrella.
Let's dig deep inside the NRA, its feature, and why it was needed.
What is NRA-CET?
- National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be a multi-agency nodal body
- It will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Government Jobs to screen/shortlist candidates for Group B and C (non-technical) posts.
- It will be a specialist body that will bring state-of-the-art technology and best practices to the field of Central Government recruitment.
"The #NationalRecruitmentAgency will prove to be a boon for crores of youngsters. Through the Common Eligibility Test, it will eliminate multiple tests and save precious time as well as resources. This will also be a big boost to transparency. https://t.co/FbCLAUrYmX"
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will have representatives of the following:
- Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
Key Features of CET
The new recruitment agency and the Common Eligibility Test (CET) will pave the way for more transparent and fair recruitment with so many beneficial features. Let's look at the feature of the approved plan:
- One Test Fits All
- CET will be an entry-level single test that will replace multiple examinations conducted by multiple agencies.
- This will not only save examination fees but will also save time for the students and recruitment agencies.
- NRA will basically conduct Tier I Examination which is the stepping stone for many other selections.
- Under this, candidates by appearing in one examination will get an opportunity to compete for many posts of Grade B and C.
- Examination Centres
- Every district will have examination centres so that candidates of far-flung areas can be benefitted with a special focus on 117 aspirational districts
- This will benefit the candidates in terms of cost, effort, safety, etc
- It will especially easy access to rural candidates enhancing their representation in Central Government jobs.
- This will reduce additional expenses for travel, boarding, lodging, etc
- Medium of CET
- CET exam for government jobs will be conducted in multiple languages.
- As per the Department of Personnel and Training, the exam will be conducted in 12 languages that are in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India.
- Women candidates
- Women candidates, especially from rural areas, face more difficulties to arrange transportation and places to stay that are far away.
- Test centres in every District will curb this shortcoming benefiting candidates from rural areas in general and women candidates in particular.
- CET Score and Number of Attempts
- CET score shall be valid for three years from the date of declaration of the result.
- If a candidate gives exam for 3 straight years, the best valid scores shall be deemed as the current score of the candidate
- No restriction on the number of attempts till the upper age limit.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC will be given age relaxation as per the Government policy.
- Standardized Testing
- National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will conduct separate CET each for three levels of graduate, higher secondary (12th pass), and matriculate (10th pass) candidates for non-technical posts, which is presently conducted by SSC, RRBs, and IBPS.
- CET score will be a screening level
- Final selection will be done through separate specialized Tiers (II, III, etc) of examination which shall be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
- The curriculum for CET would be common and standardized easing the burden of candidates who are preparing for each of the examinations separately
- Scheduling Tests and Choosing Centres
- Candidates will have the facility of registering on a common portal and will be given the choice of Centres.
- Candidates can schedule their own tests at Centres of their choice is the ultimate goal of a common portal.
- Reduce the recruitment cycle
- A single common eligibility test will reduce the recruitment cycle benefiting a large section of youth
- Some Departments will make recruitment on the basis of CET scores, Physical Tests, and Medical examinations.
- Total Cost
- The total financial outlay for the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) is Rs.1517.57 crore.
- The expenditure will be undertaken over a period of 3 years.
- Apart from setting up the NRA, costs will be invested in setting up examination infrastructure in 117 Aspirational Districts.
Way Forward to CET
- NRA will not only reduce the time and cost burden on candidates as well as the recruitment agencies.
- CET Scores will be used by the 3 major recruitment agencies (SSC, IBPS, RRBs) initially, but over a period of time, other recruitment agencies of the Government will also come under the umbrella of NRA.
- It will also open up the public as well as the private domain of other agencies.
- This will come out to be an easier recruitment process that will fit the modern system as well as the present competition level.
CET Syllabus, Eligibility & Pattern for Bank Exams (Expected)
So this is all about what NRA CET is. NRA has yet to release any update on the CET exam syllabus. Similarly, there is not much information about the CET bank exam pattern. To know more about the CET exam eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, etc., stay tuned with us. We'll update everything about the common eligibility test for the bank exam as and when the information is released by the ministry.
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.