History of Central Bank of India:
The Central Bank of India was established in 1911.
- It was the first Indian commercial bank that was wholly owned and managed by Indians.
- Sir Sorabji Pochkhanawala the founder of the Central Bank termed the banks as 'property of the nation and the country's asset'.
- In 1924, the Central Bank established an Exclusive Ladies Department to cater to the Bank's women clientele.
- The Central Bank was nationalized in 1969 by the Government of India.
- The Central Bank of India introduced the 'Central Card' credit card of the bank in the year 1980.
- In the year 1986, the bank launched a scheme called the 'Platinum Jubilee Money Back Deposit Scheme'.
Board Of Directors:
Central Bank of India has 1 MD and CEO who is the head of the Board of Directors and two Executive Directors.
Board of Directors
MD and CEO
|Matam Venkata Rao|
|Shri Tapan Ray|
Central Bank of India Headquarters:
Subsidiaries of Central Bank Of India:
Centbank Financial Services Ltd
Investment Banking Services (All India)
|Trusteeship Services - Mumbai|
Central Bank of India Tagline & Logo:
The logo of the Central Bank of India contains four elements. They are;
(Picture Credit: Central Bank of India)Tagline:
- Central Bank of India's Tag line is - Build a Better Life Around Us./ Central To You Since 1911
Awards & Accolades:
- The Bank won three 'First' prizes for all the three linguistic regions under the 'RBI RAJBHASHA SHIELD SCHEME'.
- The Best Financial Inclusion Initiative: The Bank received Banking Technology Award for best technology initiative for Financial Inclusion as Runner Up in the category amongst Medium Banks.
Interesting Facts About Central Bank of India
- In the year 1921, the Central bank introduced the Home Savings Safe Deposit Scheme to build saving habits in Indians.
- The Bank started Recurring Deposit Scheme in 1962.
This is all about the Central Bank of India. If you liked the article then please upvote it and share it with your friends. For more articles like this please stay tuned with us.
Download MD/CEO, Head Office & Taglines of Central Bank of India
Practice SBI & IBPS PO 2022 Prelims and Mains Mock Test for FREE to get better scores - SBI & IBPS PO Mock Test
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Bank Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment