What are Sequence and Series Questions for CAT?
Series and Sequence are the basic topics of CAT Arithmetic Questions. The candidates who are preparing for CAT 2023 must practice Sequence, and Series CAT Questions well to crack this section with a good score. The candidates can expect 1-4 questions from Progression and Series CAT Questions, which were entirely based on some formulas.
Progression and Series are two closely related topics, and candidates must understand the difference between these two to solve Sequence and Series Questions for CAT. A progression is a number of things in a series, whereas a series is a set or sequence. One of the most common examples of Progression and Series is arithmetic progression.
Sequence and Series CAT Questions: Types of Progression
The candidates may find the following three types of progression to solve the CAT Question Paper for this chapter.
- Arithmetic Progression: Arithmetic Sequences are any series in which the difference between each consecutive term is constant.
- Harmonic Progression: If the reciprocals of all the terms in a sequence form an arithmetic sequence, it is said to be in a harmonic sequence.
- Geometric Progression: Geometric Progression is a sequence in which each succeeding term has a fixed ratio between them.
Sequence and Series Questions for CAT: Types of Series
There are the following series types, and the candidates may find these while solving Sequence and Series CAT Questions.
- Arithmetic series: It is the total values of a sequence
- Arithmetic mean: The arithmetic mean is the result of adding two numbers together
- Geometric series: It is the total of all the elements in geometric sequences, i.e., if the ratio between each term and the term before it, is always constant, the series is said to be geometric.
- Geometric mean: The average of two numbers is known as the geometric mean.
- Harmonic mean: The reciprocal of the arithmetic mean is the harmonic mean.
Important Formulas to Solve Progression and Series CAT Questions
Here is the list of some basic but important formulas to solve Sequence and Series Questions for CAT.
Preparation Tips for Sequence and Series CAT Questions
After understanding Progression and Series formulas, the candidates must follow the following tips to ace this section in Common Entrance Test CAT.
- They must set a time for every section of progression and sequence.
- Daily revision of the formulas is recommended to solve Sequence and Series Questions for CAT.
- They should solve previous years' CAT question papers to clarify the CAT progression and sequence concept.
- For clarification, they can attend BYJU'S Exam Prep CAT Online Coaching and doubt-clearing sessions.
- They can also solve BYJU'S Exam Prep CAT Mock Tests to get an experience of real exams and learn proper time management for each section of Sequence and Series Questions for CAT Questions
Commentswrite a comment