Common Admission Test (CAT) is the most anticipated management test in the country with more than 2.2 lakh candidates appearing for it every year.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC, ST and PWD categories).
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s the degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidates should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
(i) Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks.
(ii) Completed a professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with the required percentage.
(iii) Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage.
CAT Exam Pattern 2021
Due to the pandemic spread continued in this year, it is expected that the CAT exam pattern remains the same as was seen in CAT 2020 with 76 questions in total instead of 100 questions. The exam pattern will be as follows:
40 minutes (General/Unreserved Category)
53 minutes 20 seconds (PwD/Reserved Category)
Expected Number of Questions
VARC - 26
DILR - 24
QA - 26
Total - 76 Qs
Total Marks (tentative)
CAT Syllabus 2021
The CAT syllabus hasn’t changed much for many years. Given below is the section-wise syllabus for the CAT exam 2021.
QA Syllabus for CAT 2021
Finding Units place and tens place of a number
HCF & LCM
Indices and Surds
Percentage and Average
Time and Work
Mixtures and Allegation
Ratio, Proportion and Variation
Profit, Loss and Discount
Pipe and Cistern
SI and CI
Time, Speed and Distance
Geometry and Mensuration
Lines and Angles
Functions and Groups
Maxima and Minima
Linear and Quadratic Equation
Inequalities and Modulus
Permutation and Combination
VARC Syllabus for CAT 2021
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Syllabus
Para Jumbles (with and without options)
Odd One Out
DILR Syllabus for CAT 2021
Routes and Network
Data Caselets - Reasoning Based DI
Order and Ranking
Games and Tournaments
CAT 2021 Registration Date & Important Dates to Remember
Since the CAT 2021 Notification has been released, it is very important for the candidates to be aware of the start and end dates of other important events happening around CAT 2021.
- The CAT registration process 2021 will begin from August 4, 2021 onwards.
- The last date for CAT registration is September 15th 2021.
- The CAT 2021 Admit Card will be available from October 27th 2021.
- The CAT 2021 Exam Date - It will be held in a computer-based test (CBT) on 28th November 2021.
August 4, 2021
September 15, 2021
Issuing of Admit Card
October 27, 2021
November 28, 2021
Result Declaration (tentative)
Second week of January 2022
CAT Registration 2021
The CAT registrations will start from 4th August 2021 soon after the notifications are out on 1st August 2021. The last date for CAT 2021 registration is 15th September 2021.
You must check the CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 before applying online
To apply for CAT and complete the CAT Registration 2021, you must keep in mind the following points.
A valid phone number and email address are required at the time of registration. The following steps need to be followed for CAT Registrations 2021 :
- The candidate are required to register as a new user.
- For the CAT registration 2021, the following details are required
- Personal details of the candidate
- Academic details
- Work experience details, if any, requires to be filled
- Choices of the programs the aspirant wishes to apply for
- Choices of the test centre cities in which the candidate wish to appear for CAT Exam 2021
- After this, applicant needs to make the payment
A confirmation email along with the registration ID and password for login will be sent to the mail ID filled after the payment
CAT Application Fee 2021
The Registration Fee for CAT 2021 has increased slightly as compared to the one seen in CAT 2020. It is as follows:
CAT 2021 Preparations Tips
At this point of time, the pressure amongst CAT aspirants could be seen very well as only few months are left for the D-Day. Given below are some preparation strategies and tips by Gradeup’s team of expert faculty which if followed for the last 3 months will give them the best results.
- Read a lot - Although this habit should have been started quite early, starting now would also help you. Read a newspaper daily (preferably The Hindu). Editorials, magazines, novels must also be considered for reading. This will help you improve your English language skills, you will learn a lot of new words and you will have an idea about the current affairs happening around the world
- Attempt Mocks - This is the time when you must attempt lots and lots of mock tests to check your speed and accuracy to solve questions. You must time your mock tests and identify your weak areas and work on them
- New Topics - If at all you have any topic untouched, this is the right time to pick those topics and prepare them. At the last moment, you will not be able to pick any new topic (neither it is suggested to do so)
- CAT is an exam of speed and accuracy. To crack CAT, you must master this skill
Subscribe NOW to Gradeup Super and get:
The benefits of subscribing Gradeup Super are:
- Structured Live Courses with a daily study plan
- Complete Access to all the running and upcoming courses of all CAT & other MBA Entrance Exams (IIFT, XAT, SNAP, TISSNET, MICAT, MH-CET-MBA, CMAT, NMAT etc.)
- NO NEED to purchase separate courses for different MBA exams
- Prepare with India's best Faculty with a proven track record (7 faculties with decades of experience)
- Complete Doubt Resolution by Mentors and Experts
- Performance analysis and Report card to track improvement
To SPEAK to our counsellors, please call us on 9650052904
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!