Syllabus for Geometry and Mensuration for CAT
Geometry and Mensuration for CAT exam include calculations related to various shapes and figures. Mensuration formulas for CAT mainly pertain to the measurement of surface area (both total and curved) and the volumes of solid figures, such as:
Additionally, the following topics also are covered in Geometry and Mensuration formulas for the CAT exam.
- Quadrant System
- Distance between two lines
- Concurrent lines and collinear points
- Equations for lines and circles
- Supplementary and complementary angle
- Different types of angles (acute angle, right angle, obtuse angle, isosceles, and equilateral)
- Different types of Triangles (acute-angled, right-angled, congruent, obtuse-angled)
- Angular and perpendicular bisector, altitude and median
- Different geometrical theorems like Pythagoras, Apollonius, inscribed angle, internal and external angular bisector, Midpoint, transversal and Basic proportionality
- Cyclic quadrilateral
- Special triangles
- Inradius and circumradius
- Polygon, hexagonal polygon, Rhombus, trapezoid, rectangle, and square
Important Mensuration Formulas for CAT
Before knowing the mensuration formulas for CAT, the candidates must be familiar with some important concepts that are highly recommended for preparing geometry and mensuration for CAT.
- Length of cuboid and cubical room/ longest rod length
- The surface of the Pyramid (Measurement of both slant and whole surface)
- Frustum of a pyramid
Frequently Used Mensuration Formulas for CAT Exam
Surface area (total)
Surface area (lateral)
Slant height/ length of diagonal
2(LB + BH + HL)
2H (L + B)
√ (L^2 + H^2 + B^2)
πr (r + l)
√(h^2 + r^2)
π(R1 + R2)s + (R1^2 + R2^2)
π(R1 + R2)s
⅓πh(R1^2 + R2^2 + R1R2)
√(h^2 + (R1 – R2)^2)
2πr (r + h)
Points to Remember for Geometry and Mensuration for CAT Exam
The candidates should also look after the following points at the time of preparation for Geometry and Mensuration formulas for CAT.
- It has a length (l), height (h), and breadth (b).
- It has 6 faces.
- It is a solid figure.
- Its length, breadth, and height are all equal.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card