CAT, generally used abbreviation for Common Admission Test, is conducted annually by one of the IIMs. It is one of the most prestigious MBA Entrance Exams in India. The candidates who will appear in CAT 2023 will get a chance to study for MBA in the Top MBA Colleges in India. As per the trends, the upcoming CAT Exam is expected to be conducted on 26 November 2023 (the last Sunday of November) in three slots. You will get the official Notification of CAT by the end of July 2023. In this article, we have provided all the details for CAT Exam 2023 for the candidates who will appear for this exam in next year.
Note the table below to get important highlights for CAT 2023, which are really important to know.
Details of CAT 2023
Common Admission Test
CAT Official Website
CAT 2023 Frequency
One in a year
National Level, MBA Entrance Exam
CAT 2023 Exam Date
To be Declared
Language of CAT 2023 Entrance Exam
CAT 2023 Exam Section
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
CAT Exam Helpdesk No.
The main purpose of IIM CAT 2023 is to shortlist the candidates by providing a common score for MBA Admission in all CAT Accepting Colleges in India. All participating colleges release CAT Cut Off based on scores and invite the candidates for further selection rounds.
CAT 2023 Exam Date
Note the table below to get details about the tentative schedules for CAT Exam 2023.
CAT 2023 Events
CAT 2023 Exam Date (Tentative)
Official Notification Release
CAT Exam 2023 Registration Date
Last date to apply
Last date to submit CAT 2023 Fees
Application Form Correction Window
3rd week of September 2023
Declaration of CAT Admit Card 2023
CAT 2023 Exam date
Result announcement date for CAT 2023
Eligibility for CAT 2023
The candidates who are preparing for CAT Exam 2023, must be well versed with all the details related to eligibility. Check the below CAT Eligibility before applying for the exam to avoid the last-minute cancellation of your candidature.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must complete their Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks for CAT 2023: You have to score a minimum of 50% in aggregate (45% for reserved category) in their graduation.
- CAT Age Limit: There are no specifications in the age limit in CAT as per the official updates. If you have qualified for the basic qualification, you can apply for CAT 2023.
- CAT 2023 Eligibility for Final Year Students: The students who are in the final year of their study can also apply for CAT 2023, but they have to complete their graduation before the admission date.
- Work Experience for CAT Exam 2023: There are no specifications for work experience. Candidates with professional degrees like CA/ICWA and CS can also apply for CAT 2023.
CAT 2023 Application Form
CAT Registration has to be done online on the official website of IIMCAT. Note the section below to get details for CAT 2023 Application Form and fees.
Step 1: New Registration for CAT 2023
- Visit the official website for CAT 2023
- Click on the candidate's registration tab and fill in all the required details like name, date of birth, email ID, and Phone number.
- You will get a unique registration ID in your registered contact details.
Step 2: Fill out CAT 2023 Application Form
- Login to the portal again and fill out all the details as per requirements.
- Here, the candidates have to fill out CAT 2023 Application Form, such as personal and academic details.
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Graduation percentage
- Class 10th & 12th marks
- The candidates can also mention their work experience details (if have)
Step 3: Upload Documents for CAT 2023
You need to upload the below documents.
<= 80 Kb
<= 80 Kb
Step 4: Pay CAT Form Fees 2023
The candidates must pay CAT 2023 online only. Note the table below to note the CAT Form Fees 2023 as per candidates category.
CAT 2023 Application Fee
General/ EWS/ NC-OBC
CAT 2023 Syllabus
Going through the CAT Syllabus should be your first priority as an aspirant. Knowing the section-wise CAT Syllabus is of utmost importance for formulating the best strategies and time management. Our experts have curated all the important topics for all the 3 sections by analyzing the previous year's CAT Question Paper.
CAT 2023 Syllabus
CAT Important Topics
Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Analogies, Reading Comprehension, Cloze Passage, Vocabulary Based Question.
Tables, Scatter Plot, Routes and Network, Graph, Reasoning, Team, Games, and Tournaments.
Prime Factorisation, Divisibility Rules, Geometry, Arithmetic, Algebra, Modern Maths, Polynomials, Maxima and Minima
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
CAT Exam 2023 is expected to be held in 3 slots, as per the exam trends. The question paper will be as per the below-mentioned CAT Exam Pattern the authorities define.
CAT 2023 Details
CAT 2023 Total Duration
120 Minutes (40 Minutes Sectional Time Limit)
MCQs + TITA
CAT Total Marks
CAT Total Questions
CAT 2023 Marking Scheme
+3 for every correct answer
-1 for every wrong answer
No CAT Negative Marking for TITA Questions
Medium of the Questions
How to Prepare for CAT 2023?
Preparing for CAT 2023 can be very exhausting if you are not following a strategic way. It requires time and dedication, and you must be dedicated to CAT Preparation. You must start your preparation for CAT 2023 as early as possible as the syllabus is huge, and you have to finish all the CAT 2023 important topics on time. Here are some expert-recommended tips that you can follow to get a good CAT Result in the upcoming years.
- First of all, the candidates must go through the CAT 2023 Syllabus well. It should be the first priority for every CAT aspirant.
- Know the right study materials for CAT 2023. It is important to go through the right CAT Study Materials as per the expert recommendation to score well in all the 3 exam sections of CAT Exam 2023.
- Always make a timeline to prepare all three sections of CAT 2023.
- Choose the Best Books for CAT Preparation. There are a lot of details for you to explore on the internet, but not all are relevant. Always select the CAT Books as per the expert recommendation and toppers ratings to cover all the chapters and important topics.
- Maintain a diary to take regular notes on all the important topics and formulas. Taking notes for CAT 2023 Preparation will help you to make a quick revision before the exam date.
- Solve CAT Mock Tests as many times as you can. It will help you to maintain regular practice for all the CAT 2023 chapters and gain better conceptual clarity.
- Solve CAT Previous Years Papers after completing the syllabus. These are the most valuable resources and give the candidates valuable insights regarding CAT.
Commentswrite a comment