Quantitative Aptitude Year-Wise Comparison
Quantitative Aptitude is one of the important sections of the CAT exam. Earlier the sectional duration of this exam was of 60 minutes but from 2020 onwards the sectional duration has been changed to 40 minutes. In the table below the year-wise comparison of the Quantitative Section of the CAT exam has been discussed:
|Particulars||CAT 2019||CAT 2020||CAT 2021|
|Time (in minutes)||60||60||40|
|No. of Questions||34||26||22|
Note: Although the total number of questions has been reduced the number of Non-MCQ questions has been increased. Therefore, the overall difficulty level of the CAT 2021 exam was Moderate-Difficult.
Usually, it has been seen that this section is dominated by Arithmetic followed by Algebra. In CAT 2021 also this trend was followed. Below in the table the topic-wise breakup has been discussed:
|Topics||CAT 2019||CAT 2020||CAT 2021|
Note: As seen in the table above though the total number of questions has been reduced there is one extra question in Arithmetic in CAT 2021 as compared to CAT 2020. Almost 50% of the total number of questions have been asked from Arithmetic.
Learnings from CAT 2021 to Ace the QA Section
- Arithmetic & Algebra are the two major topics of the CAT exam.
- The number of Non-MCQ questions has increased.
- The questions asked in CAT 2021 were a bit lengthy.
- The questions of CAT 2021 involved a lot of calculations.
- It is suggested that the candidates need to concentrate on the basics.
- As the sectional time has reduced the candidates should focus on their speed and accuracy to score well in this section.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card