Here we are sharing the CAT expected cut off 2020 details along with the section-wise review of CAT Paper. Along with the CAT 2020 analysis we will be discussing exam highlights, questions asked, difficulty level, exam pattern, good attempt/score of Slot 1, Slot 2 & Slot 3.
Also Check - CAT 2020 Answer Key for Slot 1, 2 and 3
CAT is a national-level annual entrance exam that allows candidates to get admission in the B-school of their dreams. In this detailed exam analysis of CAT 2020 we will discuss the following aspects of the exam:
- CAT 2020 Exam Analysis
- CAT Section Wise Analysis
- What should be your score for a good attempt
- The difficulty level of the questions, and
- Expected CAT cut off scores and percentile
Important Highlights of CAT 2020 Exam (All Slots)
- Seeing the pandemic situation, CAT 2020 was decided to be conducted across 425 test centres (approximately) which is thrice the number of test centre as compared to CAT 2019
- CAT 2020 is decided to be of 2 hours instead of 3 hours (which was seen until CAT 2019)
CAT 2020 is decided to be conducted in 3 slots of 2 hours each
- Slot 1 - 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Slot 2 - 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
- Slot 3 - 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
The sectional duration for CAT 2020 has been reduced to 40 minutes instead of 60 minutes, thus making the total duration of the test to be of 120 minutes (consisting of 3 sections of 40 minutes each)
CAT 2020 Analysis - YouTube Live session. Watch Now!
CAT Exam Pattern 2020 (Slot 1, Slot 2, Slot 3)
CAT Paper Pattern - Slot 1
TIME (in minutes)
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Every correct answer will fetch 3 marks and every incorrect response will deduct 1 mark.
- There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING for TITA-type (Non-MCQ) of questions. Almost 25% of the questions are of TITA-type.
Highlights of CAT 2020 Slot 1
- Most Difficult section - VARC
- Easiest section - QA
- The total number of MCQs were around 57 out of 76.
- The total number of TITA Qs were around 19 out of 76.
CAT 2020 Paper Analysis: Difficulty Level
CAT Paper Difficulty Level - Slot 1
While doing the CAT Exam Analysis 2020, we found that the difficulty level of the exam was Moderately-Difficult. Questions from the VARC section were found to be the toughest amongst all the sections.
- According to our survey, almost 45-50% of the candidates found VARC section to be the toughest amongst all the three sections
- The candidates also said that QA section was comparatively easier section of all three sections.
CAT 2020 Exam Analysis: Good Attempts/Score
CAT Good Attempts/Score - Slot 1
According to the CAT exam analysis 2020, a raw score of 102-131 is considered to be a good score to fetch 99+ percentile and will allow candidates to get admission to IIMs and other top Non-IIM B-schools in India.
CAT 2020 Exam Analysis (Section-Wise)
CAT VARC Paper Analysis 2020
Below we are sharing the slot wise exam review of the CAT 2020 VARC paper.
CAT VARC Exam Review - Slot 1
This section was comparatively difficult than the other two sections. Let’s find more details about today’s questions from the VARC section
- There were 4 sets of Reading Comprehension having a total of 18 questions out of 26
- Verbal Ability having a total of 8 questions out of 26
- Odd Sentence Out - 2 questions
- Summary - 3 questions
- Para Jumbles - 3 questions
- Out of 26 questions, 5 TITA questions were asked
CAT QA Paper Analysis 2020
Here is the detailed slot wise exam review of the CAT 2020 QA paper.
CAT QA Exam Review 2020 - Slot 1
This section was the easiest of all the sections. A total of 26 questions were asked in this section
- Most of the questions asked in this section were from Arithmetic and Algebra
- Out of 26, 8 TITA questions were asked
- Around 2-3 questions were asked from Number system
- NO QUESTIONS from Permutation & Combination (Modern Mathematics) were seen in this session
- The number of questions asked from Geometry were very less
CAT 2020 QA Overall Analysis:
- Number System - 2-3 Qs
- Algebra - 6-8 Qs
- Arithmetic - 10 Qs
- Modern Mathematics - 0-2 Qs
- Geometry and Mensuration - 5-6 Qs
CAT DILR Paper Analysis 2020
Go through the detailed review of the CAT 2020 DILR paper for the Slot 1, 2 & 3 below.
CAT DILR Exam Review 2020 - Slot 1
This section was of moderate-difficulty. A total of 24 questions were asked from this section
- The total number of questions asked in this section were 24
- Most of the questions (20 Qs) in this section were from Logical Reasoning
- Very few questions (4 Qs) from Data Interpretation were seen in this section
- There were 5 sets. 3 Sets of 4 questions each and 2 sets of 6 questions each were seen
Here is the video link, you can watch live also -
CAT Expected Cut Off 2020
The CAT 2020 expected raw scores to fetch 99+%ile for CAT 2020 is mentioned below
- For the VARC section, the sectional scores could be anywhere between 42-47 to fetch 99+%ile
- For the QA section, the sectional cut off could be anywhere between 44-50 to fetch 99+%ile
- And for DILR section, the section cut off could be anywhere between 34-39 to fetch 99+%ile
CAT 2020 Analysis for Slot 2:
The second shift of the CAT 2020 of 29th November 2020 is over now. The overall level of the CAT 2020 Slot 2 was Moderately-Difficult. Out of all the 3 sections, DILR section was the most difficult section in slot 2 compared to other 2 sections. Most of the questions in the QA Section were asked from Algebra and Arithmetic topics and this section was Moderate (tougher than 2019). In VARC section, there were 4 sets of Reading Comprehension questions.
CAT 2020 Analysis for Slot 3:
The third shift of the CAT 2020 of 29th November 2020 is over now. The overall level of the CAT 2020 Slot 3 was Moderately-Difficult. Out of all the 3 sections, DILR section was again the toughest section in slot 3 compared to other 2 sections. Most of the questions in the QA Section again were from Algebra and Arithmetic topics and this section was Moderate (though tougher than CAT 2019). In VARC section, there were 4 sets of Reading Comprehension questions. VARC was again a tough section to attempt.
CAT 2020 Analysis Frequently Asked Questions
1. In how many slots CAT 2020 was held?
Ans - The CAT 2020 was held in 3 slots - Forenoon, Afternoon and Evening slots
2. What is the difficulty level of CAT 2020 Slot 1?
Ans - The overall difficulty level of CAT 2020 Slot 1 was Moderately-Difficult
3. Which section is the most difficult section of CAT 2020 Slot 1?
Ans - VARC Section amongst all three was the toughest section
4. Which section is the easiest section of CAT 2020 Slot 1?
Ans - QA Section was the easiest section of CAT 2020 Slot 1
5. How many TITA Questions asked in CAT 2020 Slot 1?
Ans - A total of 19 TITA Qs were asked in CAT 2020 Slot 1
6. What is good attempts to get 99+ percentile?
Ans- A score of 102-131 should fetch you 99+ percentile
7. What is a good attempt in CAT 2020 slot 1?
Ans - 48-50 Qs is a good attempt for CAT 2020 slot 1
Note: CAT 2020 exam analysis is prepared on the basis of the feedback shared by the CAT aspirants. If you remember any questions, feel free to share it in the comments section! Keep watching this space for CAT Slot 2 and Slot 3 analysis also.
All the best!
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App!