Many students find the English section a bit difficult as compared to other sections in bank exams. Similarly in SBI Clerk 2021 exam also many students will be struggling in the English section. In this article, let's discuss some tips and strategies to score better in the English Section for the SBI Clerk Exam 2021.
With proper strategy and effective preparation, you can easily score decent marks in this section even if it is your weak section as you can expect the level of questions to be on the easier side in SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
An Aspirant who is well aware of the pattern and syllabus of the exam and makes a strategy to tackle individual subjects has significantly more chances than another aspirant who doesn't. In this article, we are discussing a strategy to help you prepare for the English section of SBI PO. We have written this article to help you carry out your preparation in the right direction
How to Score better if You are Weak at the English Language:
In the banking examinations, the English section is broadly divided into 3 sections:
- Reading Comprehension.
In this section, the candidates are judged based on their reading, writing, and comprehension ability. The aspirants can follow some effective tips and tricks to improve the 3 aspects of the English language to score well in SBI Clerk 2021 exam.
Now, let us discuss some important tips to improve vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension skills which will definitely help you to score well in SBI Clerk 202 exam.
Tips to Improve English Grammar for SBI Clerk 2021:
- Candidates can definitely follow any standard grammar book most probably the book by Wren & Martin and go through the basic rules.
- Candidates must focus on reading different types of articles like finance, technology, marketing, economy to spread their comprehension skills to various genres.
- Candidates must go through the confusing words that mean the words that sound similar or even are spelled the same but their meanings are totally different.
- This activity will surely help the aspirants cover one of the most important topics in the English section.
- Sentence correction, sentence improvement, and error spotting are some of the important topics of the grammar section and students must practice them daily.
Tips to Improve Vocabulary for SBI Clerk 2021
Reading Comprehension is something that requires the reading, vocabulary, and comprehension ability of the students. If you don't know the meaning of the word, then you'll be in big trouble and face difficulty in understanding the sentence and all your reading speed will be spoiled. A good vocabulary is a must to improve your comprehension skill, accuracy, and speed.
Develop a habit of searching for the definition of unknown words as soon as you encounter them. In few months, you'll see find a significant improvement in your vocabulary skill and you will be able to comprehend the text, sentences, and paragraphs more easily. In addition to this activity, you can practice daily vocabulary quizzes on the BYJU'S Exam Prep app to improve your vocabulary.
- One of the easiest ways to improve vocabulary is to maintain a separate diary and write down 5-10 new words every day that you encounter while reading the article. Also, you can attach some image or memory elements to a specific word for better retention capacity.
- Important topics in the vocabulary and comprehension section are cloze test, reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, antonym and synonym, para jumble. Candidates must practice these topics every day to have a stronghold.
Tips to Improve Reading Comprehension for SBI Clerk 2021:
- Understand and analyze your reading style - Before you can improve your comprehension skill, you must reevaluate how you read and what are your limitations. Try to read various kinds of difficult articles to check your patience and understanding level. As you read, try to notice your reading and understanding pattern. For example, if you lose concentration in few minutes every time you read, acknowledge that fact and try to push yourself to slowly increase that mark. Remember to take a break every time you lose your attention initially. Gradually target for a better attention length.
- Expand your reading potential and genre - Don't limit yourself to one field of interest. Though the economy, market, money, etc. are relevant as far as bank exams are concerned but try to push yourself to various fields such as literature, philosophy, history, anthropology, etc. You can start reading any standard newspaper like The Hindu or Time of India, or else you can read articles online on a laptop or on any mobile app. We would recommend you to read on digital media, as you'll be reading on a computer screen in the exam. Online reading habits will definitely help you on exam day.
SBI Clerk Related Useful Links
What you will get in the course?
- 250+ Interactive Live Classes
- 200+ Interactive Quizzes
- 200+ PDFs
- 25+ Full-Length Mock Tests
- Green Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- One stop solution for practising 14+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests.
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts as per the Latest Pattern.
- AIR and In-depth Performance Analysis.
- Covers Shortcuts, Tricks & Tips to solve questions in an efficient way.
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai!