Art and culture have become a prominent part in recent years, with questions being asked in both the prelims and main exams. In general, static questions are asked against the backdrop of current events that have returned in recent years. As a result, we are presenting the books that are most suggested for covering Art & Culture in this post.
BPSC Art & Culture Syllabus
Indian Paintings, Classical Dance Forms, Folk Dance Forms, Classical Music, Pottery, Drama/Theatre, Arts
Harappan Architecture, Temple Architecture, Cave Architecture, Indo-Islamic Architecture, Medieval Architecture, Modern Architecture, Buddhism and Jainism's Contribution to the Development of Indian Architecture, Rock Cut Architecture, Colonial Architecture, and the Modern Period
Medieval Literature, Modern Indian Literature, Ancient Indian Literature, and so forth.
BPSC Art & Culture Syllabus in Hindi
- भारतीय पेंटिंग, शास्त्रीय नृत्य रूप, लोक नृत्य रूप, शास्त्रीय संगीत, मिट्टी के बर्तन, नाटक / रंगमंच, कला
- हड़प्पा वास्तुकला, मंदिर वास्तुकला, गुफा वास्तुकला, भारत-इस्लामी वास्तुकला, मध्यकालीन वास्तुकला, आधुनिक वास्तुकला, बौद्ध धर्म और भारतीय वास्तुकला के विकास में जैन धर्म का योगदान, रॉक कट वास्तुकला, औपनिवेशिक वास्तुकला और आधुनिक काल
- मध्यकालीन साहित्य, आधुनिक भारतीय साहित्य, प्राचीन भारतीय साहित्य आदि।
BPSC Art and Culture Questions
Examine the number of art and culture-related questions asked each year.
|Exam||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|66th BPSC||3-4||Easy to Moderate|
What is the name of the festival, celebrated across Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh in November, dedicated to Sun God?
Recently Indian and Canadian researchers have found evidence of Dairy production in which civilization?
The ‘Kati Bihu festival’ is celebrated in which state/UT?
The “Garba” folk dance that is seen in the news recently, is associated with which state?
Lal Pahari, where the first hilltop Buddhist monastery of the Gangetic Valley has been found, is in which state?
BPSC Books for Art and Culture
Check the BPSC Books for all important topics for both Prelims and mains
1. Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
This book is comprehensive as far as Art and Culture are concerned. The book also provides previous year questions at the end of each chapter for testing purposes.
2. NCERT Book:
- An Introduction to Indian Art Part -1, Class XI NCERT
- Themes in Indian History-I, Class XII NCERT
- Themes in Indian History-II, Class XII NCERT
BPSC Preparation Strategy for Art and Culture
Because Art & Culture is such a broad topic, it is critical that you stick to the syllabus and study only the pertinent sections. Here are some of the most important aspects of BPSC art and culture preparation. Below are some tips that will be very helpful in preparation.
- History textbooks for Classes VI and VII, as well as XI and XII (NCERTs), encompass ancient and mediaeval history, which should be studied to lay a solid basis. Aside from that, the fine arts textbook for Class XI should be thoroughly studied for the art forms in question.
- Next, read Nitin Singhania's Indian Art & Culture and reread it several times to memorize the names. Rote learning is a key component of the Art & Culture preparation plan.
- Follow the official website of the CCRT (Centre for Cultural Resources & Training) for any significant updates, as well as the pib website for information on GI tags and other recent cultural festivals and initiatives. The CCRT website http://www.ccrtindia.gov.in/ is a particularly suggested source for preparing Performing Arts such as Drama, Theatre, Folk Dances. Also, the plethora of paintings covered on this website is commendable.
Note: NCERTs will provide a lot of information but unfortunately, you will have to consolidate the fragmented parts. Unlike Nitin Singhania’s book, NCERTs have content specific to Art and Culture very scattered. Extra effort would have to be made for that consolidation.
Complete Art and Culture Notes, Download Free PDFs
Download BPSC study notes for Art and Culture compiled by exam experts to ensure that you complete all important topics in a comprehensive manner.
|Study Material Link|
Indian monuments and their builders (state-wise)
Classical Dances, Folk Dances and Martial Arts
Famous Temples in India
Indian schools of Ancient Indian Philosophy
UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Sites in India
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Puppetry, Theatre Forms, Musical Instrument
Architecture During Delhi Sultanate
Ancient Indian Architecture
Mahatma Gandhi: Father Of Nation
Check Here: BPSC Exam Syllabus
Check Here: BPSC Exam Pattern
|Related Important Links for Preparation|
More from us