SSC CHSL Biology Syllabus
The SSC CHSL biology syllabus consists of topics such as classification, human biology, food and nutrition. Let us check all the topics of the biology syllabus for the SSC CHSL 2022.
- Classification of Organisms
- Structure of Plant and Animal Cell.
- Classification of Plant Kingdom.
- Plant Morphology
- Plant tissue
- Plant Hormones
- Plant Diseases
- Mode of Nutrition in Plant
- Control and Coordination in Plant
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plant
- Asexual Reproduction in Plants
- Transport system in Plant
- Respiration and Excretion in plants
- The Cell: The foundation of all living things
- Cell: Structure and Functions
- Control and Coordination in Human
- Human Reproductive system
- Excretory system in Humans
- Respiratory system in Humans
- Human Circulatory system
- The Heart
- Composition of Blood
- Functions of Blood
- Human Digestive system
- Cell Division
- Food and Nutrition
- Human Diseases
- Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion
- Classification of Animal Kingdom
- The five kingdoms of life
- Mode of Nutrition in Animals
- Nutrition in Animals
- Sexual Reproduction in Animals
- Respiration in Animals
Weightage of Biology in SSC CHSL and Other Exams
Biology is an important part of the syllabus of tier 1 exams of all the SSC exams such as SSC CGL, CHSL, CPO, Stenographer, MTS etc. In general awareness, over the years, the weightage of the science questions has increased and candidates must prepare well in order to crack tier 1 of the SSC exams. Around 3-4 questions are asked from Biology in the SSC Exams. In the SSC CHSL exam, around 3-4 questions are asked from the biology in the tier 1 exam. With the introduction of general awareness in the SSC CGL tier 2 exam, the weightage of general awareness has increased and so is that of biology.
Weightage of SSC CGL Biology
In the SSC CGL exam, Biology is part of the General Awareness syllabus under the science subject. Out of the total 25 questions in the general awareness section, around 8-10 questions are asked from the science subjects on average. Candidates can expect approximately 4-5 questions from biology in the tier 1 exam. With the introduction of the new SSC CGL exam pattern, the importance of biology questions in the SSC CGL exam has increased and therefore needs to be given extra attention.
Important Biology Questions for SSC CHSL Exam
SSC biology questions given below have been chosen from the SSC CHSL previous years' papers to help you give an idea about the type of questions that are being asked in the exam and the difficulty level of the questions. Let us check some of the examples of the SSC biology questions given below:
1. Which of the following is a vertebrate?
2. Hydrochloric acid is secreted in which part of our digestive system?
D. Small Intestine
3. Which of the following cell organelles is responsible for the storage, modification and packaging of products in vesicles?
C. Golgi apparatus
D. Endoplasmic reticulum
4. Which of the following blood groups is called the 'Universal Receiver'?
5. Which of the following eye disorders is known as 'lazy eye'?
6. Which of the following parts of the human body releases carbon dioxide, brought in by the blood, from the rest of the body?
7. ‘Leukopenia' is an abnormal ______.
A. Increase in white blood cells
B. Decrease in red blood cells
C. Increase in red blood cells
D. Decrease in white blood cells
8. Pineapple is a _____plant.
9. Proteins are assembled from how many amino acids?
10. How many parathyroid glands are present on the back side of the thyroid gland in humans?
Biology Previous Years Questions PDF for SSC CHSL
Check out the SSC CHSL Biology previous years questions PDF given below wherein we have provided you with 200+ important biology questions for the upcoming SSC CHSL exam and other SSC exams as well. You can click on the link given below and download the SSC CHSL Biology previous years questions PDF in Hindi and English languages:
- Biology Questions Asked in SSC CHSL Previous Papers (Download PDF)
- SSC CHSL जीव विज्ञान के प्रश्नों की पीडीएफ (हिंदी में डाउनलोड करे)
Other important articles:
All The Best !!!
DREAM, STRIVE & SUCCEED With US!
Prepare for SSC Exams 2022-23 with BYJU'S Exam Prep Course
3 Crore+ Registered Aspirants | 2.5 Crore Downloads | 50,000+ Selections