How to get PhD at Banaras Hindu University?
The BHU announces the procedures for the M.Phil/Ph.D admission application form. Interested candidates can apply from the university portal latest by 15th February 2022. The notification is released for 2021 PhD Admissions which were delayed due to covid situation.
- All the candidates will be selected through BHU RET (Research Entrance Test).
- Candidates need to apply for RET 2021-22 through the official website only i.e. bhuonline.in or click on the Direct Link for Application to BHU RET 2022.
- The payment mode of the application will be online mode only no other mode of application will be accepted.
BHU PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Last date to submit the application with the fee||15-02-2022|
General- Rs 800/-
SC/ST/OBC- Rs 400/-
|Date of Examination||16-03-2022|
|Date of Answer key||To be announced|
|Results||To be announced|
Apply online for BHU PhD Admission 2022
Step 1: First go to the official website bhuonline.in or simply click on the link given below to go to the main page.
Step 2: Scroll down the home page and you will a link 'RET Application' link, click on it.
Step 3: After that, you will land on the next page where the first link will be Application for RET 2021.
Step 4: Now on the next page, you will have a portal, you need to register yourself in that portal by giving your email, creating a password and other relevant information.
Step 4: Make sure to fill in every required field and cross-check it.
Step 5: After paying the required fees your submission will be final. Download and keep the application safe for future use.
Eligibility Criteria for BHU PhD Admission
- Candidate must have a master's degree in a major/minor subject or a professional qualification that is equivalent to a master's degree announced by the relevant legal supervisory authority, with an overall mark of at least 55% or an equivalent number of points in the UGC 7-point system.
- For candidates who fall into SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy coat categories / PWD with different capacity) and other categories, the score must relax by 5% or the relaxation level is the same as the decision of UGC / Government. Occasionally in India or those who obtained a master's degree before September 19, 1991.
- Candidates who are waiting for their NET results are also allowed to apply for BHUT RET 2021.
- The applicants who are GATE/SET/NET (JRF) qualified are exempted from participating in the RET and will have to apply through RET Exempted.
- Also, applicants holding a Teacher Scholarship with CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR and DBT will also be exempted from the test.
BHU RET Selection Procedure
- Candidates will be selected through the PhD Entrance Test organised by BHU itself.
- The applicants need to appear in both papers.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 50% aggregate in Paper 1 and 2. Relaxation of 5% of marks from 50% to 45% will apply to the reserved category candidates.
- The university will publish the results on the website after the written test is over.
BHU RET Exam Pattern
- The medium of the exam will be English, exceptions in language papers will be provided.
- The tests in public administration, sociology, social work, police management and music will be conducted in English, Hindi.
Part A of the RET 2021-2022 Examination will be split in two parts, one to test the subject-specific knowledge of the candidate and another to test the research abilities.
|Paper||Duration||No. of questions||Topic||Maximum Marks||Type of questions|
|Part A||2 Hours||40||Research Methodology||03 Marks each||MCQ Type|
|60||Subject-specific||03 Marks each||MCQ Type|
Note: There will be no negative marking for any wrong answer.
Part B of the RET Examination 2021 will be the interview round. Candidates who secure at least 35% in the Part A examination will be taken into further consideration.
How to prepare for BHU RET 2022?
Candidates who are planning to apply for BHU RET 2021-22 should start preparing without wasting any other time. As we know the RET Exam 2021 Pattern is similar to UGC NET Exam, candidates can prepare for the same by giving UGC NET Mock tests. This will prepare them for the kind of questions asked in the examination.
We hope you understand all the information regarding BHU PhD Admission 2022.
Team BYJU'S Exam Prep
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.