NABARD Grade A Mains Exam Pattern 2022
Before going towards the preparation strategy and study plan, you can first go through the official NABARD Grade A mains exam pattern.
|Paper||Grade A||Type of Paper||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||General English||Online Descriptive||3||100||90 Minutes|
|Paper II||Economic and Social Issues, Agriculture & Rural Development||Objective||30||50||30 minutes|
|Descriptive Type||6 questions will be asked, of which candidates will be required to attempt 4 questions [2 of 15 marks each (with difficulty level) and 2 of 10 marks each]||50||90 Minutes|
There will be two papers to qualify for the main examination. Fist paper will consist of an English descriptive writing test where your writing and thinking skills will be tested. Next comes paper II where your knowledge regarding the subjects ESI and ARD will be tested as you will be selected to work with the NABARD organization. Thus, you need to be very good at these subjects.
We have already discussed in our previous article in detail how you can prepare for a descriptive writing test for NABARD Grade A mains. But for your knowledge, it is important to know what the examiner is actually looking for in the English descriptive writing test. Think before you write and read before you submit it.
Take at least 15 minutes to think about what you are going to write and how will it connect with the readers. Are your thoughts justifying the statement asked? Or do you need to add something else in the paragraph?
Follow a certain pattern for writing an article. Do not try to be informal while writing. Be very specific. Try to make at least 3-4 paragraphs including the conclusion to give a proper ending.
Each and every line of the precis, comprehension, essay, or letter should be interconnected. Make sure it does not feel like disconnecting from the readers at any point.
Do not start any new idea while closing tells appropriately about what the topic is all about. Your heading must be short and specific.
Here we are sharing some important topics that you can prepare for English descriptive writing for NABARD Grade A mains
- Soil erosion and water conservation
- Farmer's Loan must be looked upon as a good investment.
- Fisheries and foresty
- Alternative Sources of Energy
- Market Access to rural handicrafts.
- Women and Handloom sector
- Progress of Rural Electrification Programmes in India
- How can India strengthen its financial system?
- Financial inclusion for economic security
Note: We have given a list of topics for your practice and those which are important from the examination point of view.
Next, comes the ESI and ARD section where your general knowledge about the sector and section will be put to test. Well, solving questions on General awareness does not take much time as you will be free from those complex calculations like a quant. So here time given to answer the questions would be enough if your reading skills are good and you have prepared well for the exam.
As there will be two sections in NABARD Grade A mains paper-II, we will discuss them separately.
Let us break down the first section, which is
1. ESI (Economic and social issues) in Two Different Parts.
1. Basic knowledge of ESI
2. Static knowledge or deep knowledge of ESI
You can include mock test analysis as the third and main segment of the ESI part.
Focus more on topics of agriculture and growth development. Questions can be asked about this topic. Although there can be other chapters and questions which we have discussed below.
1. Industrial and labor policy
2. Monetary policy
3. Financial institutions, national and international both
4. Human development
5. Fiscal policy
6. Economic planning role in India
8. Environmental issues
9. Migration, social structure
10. WTO (World Trade Organization)
Types of Questions to be Prepared for the ESI Section:
Questions from social welfare schemes recently launched by the scheme by govt can be asked, for example, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) or schemes that are launched for children, old age people, etc.
Committees like the Shanta Kumar committee set up by the government, and questions on social programs and mission, etc.
India rank on various indexes
Population policy, poverty alleviation in India.
There can also be questions on the Economic survey.
Current affairs are based on economic issues.
Preparation Tips for ESI Section for NABARD Grade A mains
1. Select any topic and read about its concepts in detail. Go through the previous year's NABARD Grade A cutoff.
2. Do not just overview the topics, scan the topics thoroughly.
3. Devote enough time or days to finish a specific topic as you might end up skipping some important points.
4. Learn current affairs including all facts and figures which are important from the examination point of view.
5. Read all about schemes and their full forms.
6. Most of the questions can be from the current affairs section on economic and social issues. So prepare it wisely.
2. ARD (Agriculture and rural development)
A list of the chapters is provided below, pay attention to them rigorously and cover them as there can be direct questions from these topics.
- Agronomy (Basics of Agriculture)
- Irrigation Management
- Animal Husbandry
- Soil Science
- Plantation & Horticulture
Last 10-Day Revision Plan: NABARD Grade A Mains 2022
The last 10 days' NABARD Grade A study plan is very important to have a proper revision after the completion of the syllabus. This will include a day-wise study plan with important chapters and a NABARD Grade A Mains preparation strategy. You should go through the last 10 days' study plan provided below for the upcoming NABARD Grade A 2022 Mains exam.
Topics to be covered
|Last few days|
Must Know Concepts and Articles: NABARD Grade A Mains Exam 2022
As per the NABARD Grade A prelims exam, most questions were asked about the latest current affairs and economic issues. Current affairs from December to the exam date need to be covered as they may carry the maximum weightage.
According to the syllabus, Government schemes are to be prepared dedicatedly to score well in the exam.
- Agriculture Schemes
- Rural Development Schemes
- Agriculture Budget 2022
Also, prepare for old and new government schemes for the exam, and changes introduced in them if any.
Do not forget to cover the union budget and economic survey 2022-2022, as there may be questions from this topic also.
Students, we hope this article will help you with your preparation for NABARD Grade A mains exam and you will be able to score maximum marks based on your preparation level. If you have any queries regarding the same, do let us know below in the comment section.
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Click here to access Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
Commentswrite a comment