Chemistry is divided into three broad sections: Physical chemistry, Organic chemistry, and Inorganic chemistry.
NCERT - NCERT Chemistry books for grades 11th & 12th are the best books for building your basics for CUET.
Other important and useful books
Apart from NCERT books, the following books will help you with practice questions and help you hone your test-taking skills.
The CUET is in multiple-choice question format. So one has to be sure of answers and solving questions of various levels of difficulty will help you immensely to ace the test.
So we recommend NCERT books for building your concepts and other books on our list for practice
The following books are useful for preparation - they have plenty of practice questions on various topics:
Organic Chemistry by Morrison
Objective Chemistry by R.K. Gupta
Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
Boyd for Organic Chemistry
40 Days Chemistry by Sudhanshu Thakur
ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
V.K Jaiswal for Inorganic
M.S Chauhan for Organic
N. Awasthi for Physical
Keep a window of a month or so to practice the previous year's papers.
How to study?
Here are a few pro tips to be followed:
- Follow a strict schedule
- Understand the basics and concepts thoroughly
- Note down important formulae in a separate book
- Use those formulae to solve questions
- Note down the tricky or challenging questions and discuss them with your friends or mentors
- Use the first couple of months to understand the basics
- Solve questions and take tests to build your skill in answering MCQs quickly and accurately
All the best!
Commentswrite a comment