1. Elements of Strength of Materials (Timoshenko)
- The book deals with the mechanics of materials, which tells us about how objects withstand strain and stress and rely upon geometrical and physical considerations of deformations.
- The study of the strength of materials sometimes refers to different methods used to calculate stresses in structures like a column, shaft or beam. A newer set of examples and problems have replaced the older ones, along with answers to all the problems.
2.Strength of Materials (S. Ramamrutham)
- This book on the Strength of Materials deals with the basic principles of the subject.All topics have been introduced in a simple manner. The book has been written mainly in the M.K.S. system of units.
- Problems have been taken from A.M.I.E. and various university examinations.
- This edition contains hundreds of fully solved problems besides many problems set for exercise at the end of each chapter.
3. A Textbook Of Strength Of Materials (R K Bansal)
- This edition has been thoroughly revised and made up-to-date. A large number of numerical problems from different B.E. degree examinations have been added with solution.
- At the end of each chapter, highlights, theoretical questions and many unsolved numerical problems with answers have been given for the students to practice them.
- A large number of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions, asked in the most of the competitive examinations, have been incorporated in this edition with answers and explanations to make this edition more useful for competitive examinations
4. Strength of Materials (Dr B.C.Punmia)
- Advance problems are also given in the bookkeeping in mind the standard of other competitive examinations.
- The book consists of solved and unsolved problems of various difficulty levels.
- Perfect Book for problems practice with simple language and easy to understand.
If you are preparing for ESE/ GATE or other PSU Exams (Mechanical Engineering), then avail Online Classroom Program for ESE and GATE ME:
Comprehensive Preparation for GATE & ESE ME Exams(500+ Hours of Live Classes, 300+ Quizzes for Practice and 60+ Mock Tests)
You can avail Test Series specially designed for all Mechanical Engineering Exams: