IIT JEE Books: IIT JEE Advanced 2020 exam is considered as the most difficult which requires a lot of attention and thorough exam preparation. The basic step towards JEE Advanced preparation is to choose the best books for IIT JEE 2020.
Since books are the basic support system, thus choosing the right set of books for IIT JEE preparation will easily help you to achieve success in JEE Advanced exam. Now, when the discussion is on books for JEE Advanced preparation, it is imperative that students choose the right set of books for the different JEE Main subjects - Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
As per the Experts suggestion, it is recommended to read only one book for fundamentals and then move on to the reference books for practice. Therefore, it is very important to analyse the topic being covered in the IIT preparation books before choosing any.
Best Books for IIT JEE Preparation 2020
Before moving on to any reference book, we suggest you to carefully go through the NCERT books of all the subjects for JEE Advanced exam preparation. NCERT books will help you to understand the key concepts and scoring good marks in JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
Only after a thorough study of NCERT books move on the other reference books and practice papers for IIT JEE Advanced exam preparation. Mentioned below are the subject-wise list of the best books for IIT JEE 2020 exam preparation:
Best Books for IIT JEE Physics
- NCERT Textbook
- Concept of Physics Volume 1 and 2 by H. C. Verma
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- Aptitude Test Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- Physics by Resnick Halliday
Concept of Physics Volume 1 and 2
H. C. Verma
Problems in General Physics
I. E. Irodov
Aptitude Test Problems in Physics
Detailed Descriptions of IIT JEE Physics Books
- Concept of Physics Volume 1 and 2 is a gem for the JEE aspirants as the concise concepts of this book clear your basics, and the challenging numerical questions boost your thinking capability. This book shows you how to apply the concept of Physics in various problems.
- IIT Physics is a set of 5 books where the volumes include Mechanics part 1, Mechanics part 2, Electricity and Mechanism, Optics and Modern Physics, and Waves and Thermodynamics. This book series is a complete package to help you prepare for JEE Advanced.
- Problems in General Physics is a unique book of Physics with great content. The subject matter has been presented to the students in an easy-to-understand language. Even the numerical problems presented in this book offer scope to the students to understand the theoretical concepts practically.
- Aptitude Test Problems in Physics is an excellent book containing high levels of problems for the preparation of JEE Advanced. The problems asked in this book are a mix of the topics of mechanics, electrodynamics, heat, optics, thermodynamics, and molecular physics.
- Physics book by Resnick Halliday, covers the syllabus comprehensively. Each chapter contains clear diagrams, and also the exercise questions help students in getting ample practice of the covered topics.
Best Books for IIT JEE Chemistry
- NCERT Textbook
- Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur
- Modern Approach to Physical Chemistry by R.C. Mukherjee
- Numeric Chemistry by P Bahadur
- Concepts of Organic Chemistry by M. S. Chauhan
- Problems in Inorganic Chemistry by V.K. Jaiswal
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
Modern Approach to Physical Chemistry
Concepts of Organic Chemistry
M. S. Chauhan
Problems in Inorganic Chemistry
Concise Inorganic Chemistry
J D Lee
Detailed Descriptions of IIT JEE Chemistry Books
- Physical Chemistry is one of the best books for Physical Chemistry and is the right guide for IIT JEE aspirants. All the concepts in this book have been well explained and also the topics have been explained with illustrative examples.
- Modern Approach to Physical Chemistry is for the practice of questions from the topics of Physical Chemistry such as thermodynamics, equilibrium, and gaseous state, and many others. As this book contains only numerical questions, so it should be used only when you already know the concepts well.
- Numeric Chemistry is a great book for the practice of numerical questions. The level of the questions has been kept up to the mark, for the preparation of JEE Advanced. The questions are challenging and if students face any difficulty while solving the questions, they can refer to the detailed solutions for easy understanding.
- Concepts of Organic Chemistry will help you in the preparation of JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced. Along with the detailed explanation of the theoretical concepts, several examples and practice problems have been provided to enhance the numeric aptitude of the students.
- Problems in Inorganic Chemistry is one of the best books for clearing the concepts of Inorganic Chemistry. A variety of question types have been presented in this book, which is useful for JEE Advanced preparation.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry is the ideal book for those who want to study Organic Chemistry in detail and understand the basics of every topic thoroughly. This book has been divided into 6 parts, with special emphasis on the different blocks of the periodic table, such as s-block, p-block, d-block, and p-block. The changes in the syllabus have been included in the latest edition of the book, which makes it a complete package for Inorganic Chemistry.
Best Books for IIT JEE Maths
- NCERT Textbook
- Advanced Problems in Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced) by Vikas Gupta and Pankaj Joshi
- Skills in Mathematics for JEE Main and Advanced by Arihant Publication
- Mathematics by Cengage
- IIT Mathematics by ML Khanna
- Comprehensive Mathematics by Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication
Skills in Mathematics for JEE Main and Advanced
Advanced Problems in Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced)
Vikas Gupta and Pankaj Joshi
Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication
Detailed Descriptions of IIT JEE Mathematics Books
- Skills in Mathematics for JEE Main and Advanced is a set available in the form of 7 books, where the book titles are Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Trigonometry, Vectors and 3D Geometry, and Play with Graphs. These books contain questions covering all the formats.
- Advanced Problems in Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced) is one of the best books for JEE Advanced as the questions are segregated into different levels. The level 1 questions are the beginner level questions and once you get a command over the topic, you can move to the more advanced level 2 questions.
- Mathematics book by Cengage is available in 5 titles, which are Vectors and 3D Geometry, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, and Algebra. By going through the concepts and questions of this book, candidates will be able to develop their calibre and aptitude and strengthen their grasp and understanding of the concepts of the subject.
- IIT Mathematics by ML Khanna presents you the quality questions along with the detailed solutions which will solidify your base in Maths. It is a good book for the preparation of JEE Advanced as all the topics have been covered in detail in this book.
- Comprehensive Mathematics is a must-have for all the JEE aspirants. This book has been written in a lucid and comprehensive manner. The tricks which have been used to solve the questions are unique and time-saving. There are ample solved examples and questions, which is beneficial for those who are in the lookout of new types of questions.
This list of the best books for JEE Advanced preparation compiled by the subject experts will immensely help you in your preparation. With this list, you can make the best use of the time you have in your hand and strategically prepare for the exam in such a way that you will be able to crack the exam in the first attempt itself.
Worried about JEE 2020? Join our One Year Master Course to Crack JEE 2020: StepUp JEE 2020: A One-Year Master Course
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.