CUET Domain Subject Selection 2022
When choosing languages, or CUET Domain Subject Selection, and General Tests, candidates should adhere to the requirements of their selected university, as their choices must meet the university's standards. Interdisciplinary nature exists in some Domain-Specific Subjects. In those fields, there will be two sections, with Section A being required of all students. Section B may comprise many Sub Sections from which an applicant may choose one or more based on the program/qualifying university's requirements. The exam will last 3 hours 15 minutes or 3 hours 45 minutes, depending on the candidate's CUET Domain subject selection. In addition, the CUET is separated into four portions.
The first two sections are for language, with one for the CUET Domain subject selection and one for the general test. Students can choose up to six of the 27 domains, with the exception of those who chose three languages. Students must attempt at least 40 questions on each domain-specific subject test to qualify. Each domain-subject test might last up to 45 minutes. CUET Admission will be based on his or her CUET scores, but board scores will also be required.
How to choose CUET Domain Subjects?
A candidate can take up to nine tests. A total of two languages from Sections IA and IB, six CUET Domain Subjects of Section 2, and general examinations from Section III are allowed. OR A total of 03 languages from Sections IA and IB, a total of 05 Domain Subjects of Section II, and a total of 03 General Examinations from Section 2. The table below shows the many combinations of sections and how applicants can choose or do a CUET Domain subject selection with different kinds.
Number of Subjects
Challenges to CUET Domain Subject Selection
The challenges that candidate faces during the CUET Domain Subject Selection are given below
- Candidates must select the CUET Syllabus for the domain subject, and select the subject that has a similar syllabus to what they have studied earlier.
- According to the official notification, students fear that the CUET will make it more difficult for them to register for streams other than those in which they are already enrolled in class 12th. Students fear they would be unable to advance into subjects besides those covered in class 12, pushing them into degrees programmed or doing the CUET Domain subject selection in which they have little interest.
- Several students have been using social media to bring attention to these problems. This issue differs from university to university as each one has established its own set of rules within the prescribed framework. For instance, the University of Delhi has mandated that a candidate appears in CUET only in topics in which he or she has passed Class 12, although other universities may or may not. As a result, candidates must review their recommended universities for a better understanding.
List of CUET Domain Subjects
Candidates can prepare for the exam more efficiently if they are aware of the subjects. Candidates can do CUET Domain subject selection and prepare well for the examination. The detailed CUET Domain Subject selection list is found below with the details.
There are three sections in the exams which are languages, Domain-specific subjects, and general tests.
- Section IA: 13 Languages.
- Section IB: 20 Languages.
- Section II: 27 Domain-Specific Subjects.
- Section III: General Test.
The following is a list of the subject with their code in the table if the candidate selects the Domain-specific subjects.
List of CUET Domain Subjects
- General Music
316-Knowledge and Traditional practices in India
BYJU’S Exam Prep has the best preparation material from expert faculties like CUET Mock Test and CUET Coaching for good marks in the General section and Domain wise subjects like English, Aptitude, etc.