Check the Eligibility Criteria for BARC OCES and Scientific Officers
- BARC OCES Additional perks and Benefits include perks like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance etc.
- BARC OCES In-hand Salary in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer 'C' (SO/C) in the Level 10 - ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix
- BARC OCES Probationary Period is two or one year depending upon the course.
Direct recruitment of Scientific/Technical Officers is also done through open advertisements in leading newspapers for the post of Technical Officer (C).
Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates (OCES)
OCES is the flagship program of the BARC Training Schools for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates all over the country. Candidates from a different engineering backgrounds can apply through the BARC OCES program. Once the candidates complete the OCES training session, only then they will be employed as BARC SCientif Officer in the required department
DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme (DGFS)
Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates, Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training Schools programs.Institutes and specializations as listed are paid stipends and tuition fees to pursue an M.Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. degree while retaining their employment in DAE.
BARC OCES Scientific Officer Training
The Training Program aims to ensure that the Trainee Scientific Officers (TSOs) are provided with the necessary facilities and opportunities to acquire knowledge and develop skills that comprise foundation, core, advanced and elective courses. The course work consisting of classroom lectures, practical training and project work, is organized into three trimesters and is completed in one year. The OCES program is recognized for the award of Post-Graduate Diploma and as course work for the award of M.Tech./M.Phil./Ph.D. degree of the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), an aided institution of the Department of Atomic Energy.
BARC OCES Scientific Officer Training Schools
- BARC Training School at Mumbai
- BARC Training School at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam
- BARC Training School at Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology(RRCAT), Indore
- BARC Training School at Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad
- Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD), Hyderabad
BARC OCES Scientific Officer Placement
A TSO who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the OCES Program is successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officer 'C'.Posting of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is done on the basis of the requirements of DAE and the TSOs merit.
BARC OCES Scientific Officer Grade and Pay Scale
Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer in the Level 10 - ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix.
BARC OCES Salary
Pay matrix- 7 ( Rs. 56,100)
Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance, etc.
Rs. 39,000/- (approx.)
Total Monthyl Emoluement
Adding up these perks and allowances, the total salary of the BARC OCES officers will be approximately ₹ 95,000 per month. The appointment will be at the beginning of the pay scale with OCES TSOs getting two or three increments depending on their performance during the OCES program.
BARC OCES Additional perks and Benefits 2021
- Monthly emoluments at the time of joining including
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Transport Allowance at the present Mumbai rate,
- In addition, other Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, every year up to first eight years (subject to conditions) and once in two years
- Children's Education Allowance and Professional Update Allowance are also payable.
- A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Scheme or equivalent for employees and their dependent family members is also available at all DAE Units
BARC OCES Additional Opportunities:
Candidates applying for OCES/DGFS will be governed by stipendiary norms of ECIL and the terms and service conditions of ECIL on absorption. A merit list created out of the Selection Interview Marks may also be used to offer admission to M.Sc. (Engg.) / PhD or Diploma in Radiological Physics programs of BARC under the aegis of HBNI in the academic year.
BARC OCES Job Profile
BARC is one of the most heavily funded research organizations in the country which has a good share of India's GDP channelled for its research work.
If you want to know the job profile of working in BARC I will highlight all the points below :
1. The full medical expenses are covered by BARC during service and only a nominal amount is cut from your salary each month for that.
2. Scientists directly join as Gazetted officers.
3. There is good career progress but you have to sit for promotion interviews.
4. The main BARC township has all the facilities you and your family would need, include full-fledged sports activities, cultural clubs, trekking clubs etc.
5. Work hours maybe 8 - 8.5 hrs of work with 5 days working a week and Sat and Sunday is off.
6. Apart from all these, the other facilities like LTC, EL and CL are all applicable just like any other central government job.
7. You can get your M.tech while on the job itself, so within two years of joining you would have your masters degree.
8. All have gone through a tough BARC interview before getting into BARC and that reflects in their work.
9. Your working place would be most probably in Mumbai.
So this is how a life of a BARC scientific officer looks like this Be sure you crack the one-hour BARC OCES/DGFS interview to get in.
Other Useful articles for preparing for the GATE Exam:
GATE 2022 Exam Syllabus
Gradeup Super links
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai !!!!