The pattern for the mains exam is entirely different than the Bank Prelims Exam. The difficulty level of the questions asked in the main exam rises significantly. Unlike the prelims, the Bank PO mains exam & Bank Clerk Main Exams focuses more on the capability and mettle of the aspirant. In the main exam, the candidates need to select questions smartly and solve them accurately. Let's discuss some tips for the Bank PO Mains & Bank Clerk Mains Exam 2022.
Tips for Bank PO & Clerk Mains Exams 2022
- It is important that you are well aware of the overall exam pattern of the Bank Mains Exam or the exam for which you are appearing.
- Attempt the paper and plan strategy to score at least 10 more marks than the overall cut-off.
- We know the level of the main exams is generally high, try to score 100+ questions in the exam.
- There is a descriptive paper in Bank PO main exams, prepare yourself equally. It will be through online mode.
- Make sure that you read all the instructions provided in the questions carefully.
- Do not spend too much time on a particular question. It would be better to skip it and move on to the next If you are stuck on any question.
- Avoid random guessing in the exam. This will make you lose your hard-earned score.
- Stay calm and go through the question with a clear head. Don’t freak out if you come across any new questions in the exam
- Understand the SBI PO syllabus and IBPS PO syllabus properly.
Before we start, we would like to quote Thomas Edison first,
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
To crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022 exam, try Sure-shot Success Batch Online Coaching by expert faculty.
Important Points for Bank Mains exams 2022
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks in the exam.
- A sectional timer will also be there in the bank main exams.
- There is a sectional cut-off and overall cut-off in the exams.
- Descriptive writing is not there in IBPS Clerk Mains.
- Try to attempt questions that are not time taking. Practice a lot of questions to adopt this technique.
Exam Strategy for Bank PO & Clerk Mains Exam 2022
1. Check your performance level and plan a strategy accordingly
Attempt one mock test of Bank PO Mains exam 2022 and note down the following things:
- The topics are extremely well at and getting good marks.
- Topics in which you require more practice and are not very good at.
- Prepare the topics in which you are very poor. Give more time to those topics.
- Check Previous year IBPS PO question paper, SBI PO question paper, and IBPS RRB question paper before preparing strategy.
In the wake of noting down these things, without much of a stretch, you will get to know the topics which you need to attempt first in the exam.
2. Time Management
- Time management will play an important role in attempting a number of questions. Planning with a schedule is the ideal way to prepare for anything.
- Try not to waste even a single second on questions you are not sure about.
- Manage your time for the easy questions first, so that you can solve the questions which are time taking later.
3. Go through the IBPS RRB PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, and SBI PO Main exams cut-off
- Always have a look at the cut-off of the previous year for the exam you are appearing for.
- Cut off will provide you with a rough idea for a number of questions to be attempted.
- Try to score at least 20+ marks more than the last year's cut-off.
- Do not forget there will be a sectional cut-off also.
- Check SBI PO cut-off, IBPS PO Cut-off, and IBPS RRB Cut-off.
You can attempt SBI PO main mock test with the SBI PO Test Series designed by the experts of BYJU's Exam Prep.
Section-wise Tips for Bank PO & Bank Clerk Mains Exam 2022:
Tips for the English Language
- This section can be full of surprises for the aspirants by introducing some twists and turn.
- Understand the meaning of directions given and then go ahead to solve those questions.
- Knowledge of grammar rules and a good hold on reading skills can make you attempt good marks in the English Language section.
- Try to attempt the questions in which you are good at or which you feel are easy to solve.
- Try to attempt Reading Comprehension as it will fetch you 7-8 marks directly.
- If you have good reading skills, Reading comprehension can definitely fetch you 7-8 marks.
- Do not mark answers on blind guessing. This will make you lose your marks.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
- A total of 35 questions would be there.
- Make use of the time allotted to attempt maximum questions with good accuracy.
- Try to attempt easy questions based on topics like Number series, quadratic equations, Data Interpretation involving simpler calculations.
- Attempting the above-mentioned topics can fetch you 12+ marks if you have attempted with 100% accuracy.
- Attempt Arithmetic questions and DI questions carefully. These are generally time taking and difficult.
- Attempt those questions first which are less time-consuming.
- Try to attempt at least 5 to 10 questions from this topic.
- Maintain your speed and accuracy. You will have more time as compared to the prelims exam but this time level of difficulty would be very high. So plan your strategy accordingly.
Tips for Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- It is expected that some questions on Logical Reasoning topics may be asked in Bank PO Mains like – Statement & Assumption, Course of Action, etc.
- It is also expected that the level of Seating Arrangement questions would be of moderate to difficult level.
- First attempt those questions which require less time like Reverse Syllogism, data sufficiency, Miscellaneous questions, analytical reasoning.
- In the case of the puzzles, try to consider all the possibilities at hand, thus eliminating them further. Avoid making multiple diagrams.
- Do not waste time on any puzzle or arrangement if you feel stuck anywhere.
- The maximum questions in this section are asked from Puzzles and seating arrangement topics. To solve puzzles/seating arrangements in minimum time in examination, you are required to thoroughly practice every possible case of these topics.
- Remember that your speed and accuracy play an important role in clearing this section. Solve questions carefully and avoid silly mistakes.
- There may be 5-6 questions from computer aptitude. Just try to understand the directions and then solve questions.
Tips for General Awareness
- As mentioned earlier, 40 questions will be asked in this section.
- The International and National happenings of the last 3-4 months should sufficiently cover most of the questions that might be asked in this section.
- Try to go through the following topics -
RBI in News
National and International News
Awards and Honours
Static GK Topics like Countries in News with their capitals and currency
- Avoid guesswork here.
- We have already shared GK Current Affairs and Banking Awareness Tornado to help you all prepare well for these sections. Make sure that you go through them properly.
- Go through below important links for General Awareness Preparation -
- Important updates & quizzes for General Awareness Preparation :
Tips for Descriptive Test Preparation
- Descriptive tests of the Bank PO exam will include an Essay and Letter writing.
- There is no descriptive writing in Bank Clerk exams.
- Topics of the essay writing are most likely to be based on recent happenings. So update yourself with everything happening around you.
- Be very familiar with the format of the letter. There can be Informal or formal letter writing. Prepare for it very well.
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot success Batch(English) Online Classroom Program where you will get:
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot Success Batch(Hindi) Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.