Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates - 2001 to 2022
The youngest IAS Officer in India, Ansar Shaikh, cleared the IAS exam with appropriate planning and preparation. It is a remarkable accomplishment to gain the IAS topper’s rank at an extremely young age. By putting in immense dedication and hard work he could make his name enlisted among the youngest IAS Officers and reduced the average of the UPSC toppers age. The table below gives the average age of the IAS topper who attained the All India Rank 1. It can be easily understood from the table that the average age of UPSC selected candidates is around 27 years.
UPSC Toppers Age
Alok Ranjan Jha
Haritha V Kumar
Nandini K R
Ansar Ahmed Shaikh
Average Age Of IAS Officers
The average age for clearing UPSC to lie under the age range of 26 to 28 years, whereas 26.9 years is the average age of UPSC selected candidates. Given below are the details about the UPSC toppers and other relevant information.
Candidates can download free UPSC material and notes to understand the expert's advice in preparing for the UPSC exam and to know the latest exam trends.
Ira Singhal (UPSC Exam Topper 2014):
- Ira Singhal became the IAS topper in 2014.
- She got AIR 1 rank and was one of the IAS toppers at 30, despite being physically challenged.
- Ira appeared for the exam three times in 2010, 2011 and 2013.
Tina Dabi IAS Topper (2015):
- Tina was a 22-year-old woman who topped the 2015 UPSC examination on her first attempt.
- She was an IAS officer of the 2016 batch who got engaged to the IAS officer of the 2013 batch, Dr Pradeep Gawande.
- Ria Dabi, Tina Dabi's younger sister, cracked the IAS examination and secured 15th rank.
Anudeep Durishetty UPSC Topper (2017):
- Anudeep Durishetty age was 28 when he cleared the civil services examination.
- Madhavi was Anudeep Durishetty wife.
- The total number of Anudeep Durishetty attempts was 5, and the very first time he gave the exam was in 2012.
Kanishak Kataria (AIR 1) - IAS Topper 2018
- Kanishak Kataria is famous for topping the UPSC exam of 2018 on the very first attempt.
- He scored 1121 marks out of a total of 2025 marks.
- Kanishak Kataria age when he cleared UPSC was 26.
Increase in Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates
The table demonstrates that the women falling under the age bracket of 24 to 26 years and men lying under the age range of 26 to 28 years excelled in the UPSC exam for the year 2019. The average age of the UPSC selected candidates segregated in the prelims and mains have been highlighted here by the experts. The candidates can take a look at the illustrated table lying herein to gain complete knowledge of the average age of UPSC selected candidates.
Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates -Females Candidate in UPSC 2019
The table below illustrates the female candidates selected for the UPSC exam in the prelims and mains phase. The percentage will reflect the average age of UPSC selected candidates.
- Highest percentage (35.0%) were from the age level 21-24 years in the UPSC Prelims 2019.
- Highest percentage (32.3%) of the female candidates suggested were also from 24-26 years old.
Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates In UPSC Prelims
Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates in Mains
30 Years & above
Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates- Distribution Of Male Candidates In UPSC 2019
The table below illustrates the average age of UPSC selected candidates in 2019. This list elaborates the percentages of the male candidates selected for the UPSC exam in 2019.
- Highest percentage (26.8%) of male candidates who appeared for the prelims exam were from the age group 21-24 years.
- The majority of male candidates who passed the UPSC mains exam 2019 belonged to the age group 26-28 years, bearing a percentage count of 25.6%.
Average Age of UPSC Selected Candidates in Prelims exam
Average age of UPSC selected candidates in Mains exam
30 Years & above
|Important Notes for UPSC|
|ADM Jabalpur Case||Round Table Conference|
|Narmada Bachao Andolan||Russian Revolution|
|Subhas Chandra Bose||Pressure Belts of Earth|