What is Atal Innovation Mission?
The Atal Innovation Mission is the flagship program launched by the Indian government in 2016 which has a holistic approach to creating a problem-solving environment in the schools there, providing them with an ecosystem of startups and entrepreneurship in the universities' research institutions and various MSME sectors.
All the initiatives taken under the Atal Innovation Mission scheme are under surveillance and monitored by the MIS systems and the dynamic dashboards.
Initiatives under Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- Atal New India Challenge
- Atal Incubation Center
- Atal Tinkering Lab
- Mentor India
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE – Atal New India Challenge (ANIC) Program
- Atal Community Innovation Centre
Features of Atal Innovation Mission
Through this initiative, technopreneurs will be able to promote themselves and develop India's future.
- 15 sector-specific challenges will be selected, and there will be three challenges for each of the Ministries.
- A grant of up to 50 lakh has been awarded for startups to develop a minimum usage prototype between 9 months and 1 year.
- In addition to attracting the innovators, challenging them with the Mahatma Gandhi challenge would be more effective in attracting them.
By addressing these problems in the core areas, the Atal Innovation Mission initiative directly impacts the quality of life as well as the creation of jobs.
- Those entrepreneurs who successfully demonstrate they have the capability to manufacture and organize a market for their products under the 17 focus areas will be rewarded with a grant of up to Rs 1 crore.
- The winning guarantees will be facilitated with the best guidance provided by the leading experts in the market and the technical support team, along with the incubators that will help them to boost their product multiplication and increase their market share.
- As a part of the commercialization process, continuous guidance and mentoring will be provided to the awardees from time to time at various levels.
- This challenge is to open an application to all the companies registered under the Companies Act and the startups of all the research and development institutions for academicians and academic institutions.
Atal Tinkering Labs of Atal Innovation Mission
Over the last 4 years, Atal Innovation Mission has launched the Atal Tinkering Lab Program, which is kind of a state-of-the-art space program in the schools that boosts the students' ability to brainstorm their minds and come up with some productive and innovative ideas for entrepreneurship.
- The main aim of launching this Atal tinkering lab is to induce problem-solving skills in the minds of children between 6th and 12th classes and apply those skills to solve any problem in their nearby areas.
- According to the records as of now, the Atal Innovation Mission has chosen over 10,000 schools in about 700 districts of the country where it has established Atal Tinkering Labs. Over 7000 schools have been funded by the government in the same field.
Atal Incubators in Atal Innovation Mission
Atal incubators are also part of the Atal Innovation Mission, which allows young entrepreneurs to expand their thoughts.
- The Tell Innovation Mission has established top-class rs in educational institutions like universities and colleges where they encourage the learners to produce ideas of their own entrepreneurship and bring their hands into action for the welfare of society.
- They provide students with technical support, research facilities, mentorship, financial support partnerships, and flexible working spaces for a better working environment.
- Till now, over 1800 operational startups have been initiated by women, out of which about 500 are led by men.
Atal New India Challenge
The Atal New India challenge is launched by NITI Aayog, which is a national institution for transforming India under the Atal Innovation Mission.
- Atal New India challenges aim to create super innovations and bring in technology relevant to the society and public of India.
- The Atal New India Challenge program is led by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and four ministries: the ministry of defense; the ministry of food processing industries; the ministry of health and welfare; and the ministry of housing and urban affairs.
- The objective of the Atal New India Challenge is to collaborate with the ministries and industries to do research and development and facilitate innovative solutions to existing problems.
Atal Innovation Mission- iCRESt
AIM is an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem aimed at high-performing startups. The iCRESt of Atal Innovation Mission is designed to support the ecosystem of incubation and serve as a growth hack for AIM's Established and Atal incubators nationwide. This project is aligned with Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan.
Elements of AIM iCRESt
- Structured Incubator training
- Startup Training
- E-handbook on Incubation success
- Best practices as per Global Standard
- Experienced mentors
Atal Innovation Mission UPSC
The Atal Innovation Mission is the scheme launched by the government of India in the year 2016 that focuses on enhancing the business sector and introducing more entrepreneurs. The aspirants who are preparing for IAS Exam must cover this section from the UPSC Syllabus of this scheme under the welfare schemes of vulnerable sections in GS paper 2.
Atal Innovation Mission UPSC Notes PDF
Candidates must download the Atal Innovation Mission UPSC Notes PDF from the link given below to make their preparation easier. Having the printout of the notes would also make the note-making process easier for the candidates.
Atal Innovation Mission UPSC Question
Question. Consider the statements given below and choose the correct answer.
- Atal Tinkering Labs are set up in every college and university in India
- Atal tinkering lab focuses only on science math Engineering and Technology
Which of the above statements is correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Both are correct
D) None of the above
Answer. Option B