UPSC Assamese Literature Optional Books
The UPSC Assamese Literature Optional Syllabus includes two papers- Paper-1 and Paper-2. These two papers require in-depth knowledge of the Assamese language which the Assamese literature optional books for UPSC can only provide.
Paper-1 of the syllabus deals with the history and origin of the Assamese language, the development of Assamese prose, and Assamese vocabulary. literary criticism and literary history, etc.
☛ Also Get: Daily Current Affairs PDF
On the other hand, paper-2 of the Assamese optional syllabus is about the first-hand reading of texts and it is designed in a way to test the candidate’s critical ability. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has listed the UPSC Assamese Literature Optional Books required to cover paper-2, which we have mentioned below.
- Gurucarit-Katha (Sankaradeva Part only)-ed. by Maheswar Neog.
- Jeevanar Batat-by Bina Barwa (Birinchi Kumar Barua)
- Karengar Ligiri-by Jyotiprasad Agarwalla
- Bargeet-by Madhava Deva
- Gaonburha-by Padmanath Gohain Barua.
- Katha-Bhagavata (Books I and II)-by Baikuntha Nath Bhattacharyya.
- Kripabar Barbaruar Kakatar Topola-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Monamati-by Rajanikanta Bordoloi.
- Mor Jeevan Sonwaran-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Samrat-by Navakanta Barua.
- Mrityunjoy-by Birendrakumar Bhattacharyya
- Parijat-Harana-by Sankaradeva
- Pratima-by Chandra Kumar Agarwalla.
- Purani Asamiya Sahitya-by Banikanta Kakati.
- Rajasurya by Madhava Deva.
- Ramayana (Ayodhya Kanda only)-by Madhava Kandali.
- Rasakrida by Sankaradeva (From Kirtana Ghosa).
Best Books for Assamese Literature Optional UPSC PDF
Candidates can check out the PDF file below that includes the best books for Assamese literature optional UPSC. We have also provided a direct link below and candidates can download the PDF file directly.
How to Prepare with UPSC Assamese Literature Optional Books
You need a strategic approach while covering the UPSC Books, and this goes the same in the case of the Assamese literature optional books for UPSC. it is not easy at all to cover the entire book in a short period of time. Apart from hard work, and focus you need a smart way to cover the Assamese literature optional books for UPSC. that is why below we have listed down a strategy that you must conder to complete the book efficiently.
- First, you need to be familiar with the UPSC Assamese literature syllabus.
- Just glancing through the syllabus won’t be a wise decision. If possible take a printout of the syllabus and keep it with you so that you don’t miss the crucial topics.
- After that start with one topic at a time.
- You must make notes from the books of the key points that you find important from the UPSC exam point of view.
- You go through the UPSC Previous Year Question Paper to find out the most crucial topics from the syllabus and prepare accordingly from the UPSC Assamese Literature Optional Books.
|Important UPSC Topics|
|UPSC Exam||UPSC Exam Date|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Eligibility|
|UPSC Online Application||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|IAS Exam||IPS Exam|
|UPSC Cut Off||UPSC Preparation Strategy|
|UPSC Books||UPSC Exam Analysis|
|UPSC Admit Card||IAS Salary|