Answer: D. All the above
Asbestos pipes are light in weight and easy to transport, highly resistant to corrosion and very much smooth and hydraulically efficient.
Application of Asbestos pipe: Government and private enterprises use asbestos-cement pipes for such applications as fresh and seawater mains, gas mains, sewerage, mining operations, agriculture, electrical cables, venting flues, etc.
- Used worldwide for water supply piping.
- Used as sewer piping.
- Chemical Industries.
- Oil and Gas Processing.
- Water treatment facilities.
- These are highly resistant to corrosion.
- It is very much smooth and hydraulically efficient. Its carrying capacity does not reduce with time.
- Expansion joints are not required as the coefficient of thermal expansion is low.
- It is high flexible to accommodate deflection up to 12°.
- It is costly.
- The rubber joint seal may deteriorate if exposed to gasoline or other petroleum products.
- These pipes do not have much more strength. It is brittle and soft , it may be liable to damage by excavating tools or during transportation transit.
☛ Related Questions: