a) The given statement is not in line with democratic values
- People should respect the basic rights of others.
- As a father will have a moral duty and responsibility to marry his daughter according to his wishes.
- However, it is also important to understand that the daughter is no longer a minor and has full freedom and the right to choose the path she wants to take in her life. The daughter has every right to choose her husband.
- Democracy means accommodating other people's opinions.
- Here, the father is unwilling to accommodate his daughter's views.
- Although the opinion of the father and the family can be considered the majority's opinion, in a true democracy, there is no suppression of the voice and opinions of the minority; rather, they are welcomed and respected.
b) The teacher's statement does not align with democratic values
- Democracy includes basic rights and duties.
- It is the basic right of the student to ask questions. The teacher has no right to suppress the pupil's curiosity, opinions, or doubts. Every student can grow in life only if they are asked questions and if their questions are answered.
- The teacher's professional duty is to answer questions and solve students’ doubts.
- If indeed there is a disruption of the teacher in the class, the teacher must have a separate question hour so that all the doubts and queries of the students can be resolved.
c) The statement of the employee is in line with democratic values.
- All citizens have the right to speak and express themselves.
- People have the right to express their opinion.
- The rule of law is the foundation of democracy.
- No individual or organization is above the law of the land. Everyone is treated equally under the law.
In (a) and (b), the statement is not in line with democratic values, and in (c), the statement is in line with democratic values.