Anthropology Notes for UPSC for Paper 1
As you know, the optional subject is divided into two papers, and each paper carries 250 marks. As per UPSC Anthropology Optional Syllabus, paper 1 includes topics like Meaning, Scope, and development of Anthropology, Main branches of Anthropology, biological basis of Life, Marriage, Family, Kinship, Economic Organization, etc. candidates can download the Anthropology Notes for UPSC Paper 1 below.
Anthropology Notes for UPSC
Meaning, scope, and development of Anthropology
Main branches of Anthropology,
The biological basis of life
The Nature of Culture
The Nature of Society
Anthropology Notes for UPSC for Paper 2
Anthropology optional Paper 2 in UPSC Mains also carries 250 marks. It includes topics like the Evolution of the Indian Culture and Civilization, Ethno-archaeology in India, the Demographic profile of India, the Caste system in India, Problems of the tribal Communities, the Tribal situation in India, and the Indian villages. Candidates can download the Anthropology Notes for UPSC Paper 2 from below.
- Evolution of the Indian Culture and Civilization
- Ethno-archaeology in India
- Demographic profile of India
- Caste system in India
- Problems of the tribal Communities
- Tribal situation in India
How to Prepare Anthropology Notes for UPSC?
Making notes from a vast amount of information can be challenging. If you don't make notes properly, then you will end up writing the whole anthropology book. That's why you need to be very careful with note-making. Here are some tips that you can follow while making Anthropology optional notes.
- Start with NCERT Books for UPSC, as everything in these textbooks is written in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
- After that, you can move into some advanced-level Anthropology Books for UPSC for the note-making process.
- You need to use current affairs as a part of note-making. You will find many articles related to anthropology so try to make short points of these editorials for effective note-making.
- You can make flowcharts or diagrams, which will make things easier for you to remember.
Best Books to Make Anthropology Optional Notes
There are so many anthropology book options, and choosing the right one can be a difficult task. To make the process simpler for you, we have listed down some of the highly recommended anthropology optional books to make Anthropology Notes for UPSC below.
- Introducing Sociology NCERT Class XI
- Measuring Time (Chapter 2) of Indian Prehistory - D.K Bhattacharya
- Biology NCERT Class XII
- Physical Anthropology - P. Nath
- IGNOU MA Course for Anthropology
- An Introduction to Social-Cultural Anthropology - N.K Vaid
- Indian Anthropology -Nadeem Hasnain
- Indian Society - NCERT Class XII
- The Tribal Culture of India - LP Vidyarthi
- Xaxa Report