CGPSC: All you need to know
What is CGPSC SSE?
CGPSC SSE is the state service examination (CGPSC SSE)conducted by Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission for recruitment in various vacancies in the state government services. It is a highly prestigious examination that provides the successful candidates to work in the public sector and an opportunity to make an impact on society.
CGPSC SSE is a 3-stage examination:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personal Interview
Stage I: Preliminary exam: It consists of 2 MCQ papers.
- Paper-I consists of GS questions and is for 200 marks.
- Paper-II: consists of aptitude questions and is for 200 marks to be solved in 2 hours.
- A candidate must qualify in both papers
Stage II: Mains exam: It consists of 7 compulsory papers.
|1||Paper I||Language||200 Marks||3 hours|
|2||Paper-II||Essay||200 Marks||3 hours|
|3||Paper III||History, Constitution and Public Administration||200 Marks||3 hours|
|4||Paper IV||Science, Technology, and Environment||200 Marks||3 hours|
|5||Paper V||Economics and Geography||200 Marks||3 hours|
|6||Paper VI||Mathematics and Logical Ability||200 Marks||3 hours|
|7||Paper VII||Philosophy and Sociology||200 Marks||3 hours|
Stage III: Personality Test
The candidates who qualify the mains examination, are invited for a personality test i.e. the interview which is of 150 marks. The personality test judges the candidate’s mental alertness, clear and logical exposition, critical powers of assimilation, variety, and depth of interest, balance of judgment, the ability for social cohesion and leadership and intellectual and moral integrity.
The final list of recommended candidates will be based on the total marks obtained in the Mains exam and the personality test.
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply.
- Age limits: The candidate must be below 28 years and above 21 years of age.
- Further, if the candidate is a domicile of Chhattisgarh, they can get an age relaxation of up to 5 years
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must have a bachelor's degree i.e. an undergraduate degree in any discipline from any recognized state or central University.
CGPSC Prelims Syllabus
Prelims Paper I
Paper I consists of 2 parts,
Part I consists of static subjects (history, geography, polity, etc.) and current affairs.
Part II consists of general knowledge about the state of Chhattisgarh.
Prelims Paper II
Aptitude in comprehension, math, logical resounding, mental ability.
CGPSC Mains Syllabus
Chhattisgarhi Language, General Sanskrit, General English, General Hindi
2 essays each on: -
1. Issues and problems faced by India at a national level
2. Issues and problems faced by Chhattisgarh at a state level
History, Constitution and Public Administration
1. History of India
2. History of Chhattisgarh and Role of Chhattisgarh in the National Movement
3. The Indian National Movement
4. Constitution of India
5. Public Administration
Science, Technology, and Environment
Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Environment, and Technology
Economics and Geography
1. Indian Economics
2. Planning in India
3. Geography of Chhattisgarh -
4. Economics of Chhattisgarh
5. Agriculture, Industry, Forest and Natural Resource of Chhattisgarh
Mathematics and Logical Ability
1. Rational Numbers, Coordinate Geometry
2. A binary digital system, change in binary number to decimal number and vice versa, Algorithm method
3. Data Analysis - Mathematical operation Basic numeric
4. Logical Reasoning
Philosophy and Sociology
1. Indian Philosophy and Yoga
2. Sociology - Sociology
3. Tribes of Chhattisgarh
4. Art and Culture of Chhattisgarh
Aspirants who are preparing for CGPSC must check out the links given below for Free study material and daily current affairs by BYJU's Exam Prep.
All the best!!
More from us