What is Agneepath Recruitment?
At a press conference, the three service chiefs officially confirmed all the details regarding the recruitment of Agniveers under the Agneepath scheme at the various departments of defence, including the Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy. This recruitment will select nearly 46,000 candidates, and the procedure will be expanded by 5,000 people each year. Check other important pointers related to the Agneepath recruitment as follows:
- Under this scheme, both Male & Female candidates between the ages of 17.5 and 21 will be brought into the armed forces.
- All three services will be enrolled through a centralized online system, with specific rallies and campus interviews conducted by recognized technical colleges.
- Agniveers have to meet the medical requirements for enlistment in Defence forces as they apply to their particular categories/trades.
- Agniveers' educational qualifications will be the same for enrolment in many categories. For example, the educational requirement for becoming a General Duty (GD) soldier is Class 10.
Agneepath Scheme Details
Some recent updates on the Agneepath scheme are as follows:
- 2800 vacancies have been released for the Agneepath Navy recruitment 2022.
- 20% of seats in the defence forces are reserved for female candidates under Agneeapth recruitment.
- The online registration process has begun for Army and Navy recruitment on 01 July 2022.
- Indian Air Force Agneepath recruitment online application process started on 24 June. The last date to apply is 05 July 2022.
- Out of a batch, 25% of candidates will be shortlisted based on merit and performance for a full-time position for the next 15 years in the defence forces.
- For this recruitment cycle, the maximum Agneepath scheme age limit allowed has been increased to 23 years.
- Massive protests have been started by youngsters to express their discontent in parts of UP, Bihar, and Haryana demanding the Centre to immediately roll back this scheme
Agneepath notification for the Indian Air force, Army, and Navy have been released on the official sites. It contains the complete schedule of recruitment including syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility, salary, etc. Here, we are sharing details for recruitment of Agniveers in the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force through the Agneepath yojana.
For Indian Army
Notification Release: 20 June 2022
Online Registration Date: 01 Jul 2022
Examination Start Date: From August 2022
For Indian Navy
Notification Release: 01 July 2022
Online Registration Date: 01 July 2022
Examination Start Date: Mid Oct 2022
Air Force Agneepath Scheme Notification
Notification Release: June 2022
Online Registration Date: 24 June - 05 July 2022
Online Examination Start Date: 24 July 2022
Agnipath Notification PDF
In the following table, we are sharing the official Agneepath notification PDF released by the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force for the recruitment of Agniveers through Agneepath scheme.
Agnipath Notification PDF
To be Updated Soon
Agneepath Recruitment Apply Online
Agneepath recruitment notification has been released by the Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy. Candidates can visit the official website of the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force to apply online for Agneepath recruitment 2022. The apply online link has been activated for the Air Force recruitment from 24 July onwards. The last date to apply is 05 July 2022. Aspirants are advised to fill out the application form before the last date to avoid any delays. Check the official dates for Agneepath recruitment 2022 apply online through the table below.
Agneepath Recruitment Apply Online Process Begins from
Last Date to Apply
01 July 2022
03 August 2022
24 June 2022
05 July 2022
15 July 2022
22 July 2022
Agneepath Scheme Eligibility
It is important for candidates to check the Agneepath eligibility criteria as mentioned in the official documents. It is a new scheme launched by the Government of India for the recruitment of eligible candidates (below officer rank) into the defence forces. Therefore, there is certain confusion among the candidates regarding its eligibility for males and females. In the following table, we are sharing Agneepath recruitment eligibility criteria for candidates under the scheme:
Criteria for Agnipath recruitment
17.5 - 21 Years
Class 10th/12th Pass from recognized Board
Note: The government has extended the upper age limit to 23 years for recruitment in 2022.
Agneepath Age Limit
In order to be considered eligible for the Agneepath recruitment, candidates must fall into the prescribed Agneepath age limit which is 17.5 to 21 years as decided by the authorities. Particularly for the upcoming recruitment process in 2022, the upper age limit has been extended to 23 years for those who have cleared all the stages of the selection procedure.
Agneepath Scheme Syllabus for Indian Army, Navy & Air Force
The detailed Agneepath syllabus and exam pattern for the Indian Army, Navy and Indian Airforce has been released by the officials. Candidates can check the exam pattern and syllabus for the Agneepath recruitment in the official notification PDF shared above in the article or from the table below.
Agneepath Recruitment - Syllabus
Name of the Subject
|Reading Comprehension, Direct & Indirect Speech, One-word substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence Improvement, Idioms and phrases, Subject-Verb Agreement, Verbs, Articles, Error Sotting, etc.|
|Mensuration, Profit and Loss, Simple & Compound interest, Ratio and Proportion, Speed, Time & Distance, Mixture & Allegations, Partnership, Trigonometry, etc.|
|Electricity, Current, Human Eye and Colorful World, Sources of Energy, Light - Reflection and Refraction, Food, Nutrition and Health, Gravitation, etc.|
|Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Sports, Static GK, Important Days and Dates, History, Indian Polity, Art and Culture, etc.|
|Coding-Decoding, Alphanumeric series, Puzzles, Venn Diagram, Analogy, Statements and Conclusions, Syllogism, Data Sufficiency, Arithmetical Reasoning, etc.|
Agneepath Recruitment - Terms of Service
As you know that the total duration of engagement of Agniveers with the respective defence forces is 4 years. The terms of service under the Agneepath Scheme are as follows:
- After four years of service, 25% of the Agniveers will be retained in the regular cadre based on merit, willingness and medical fitness.
- While the other 75% of Agniveers will release from the service, with an exit or “Seva Nidhi'' package of Rs 11-12 lakh, partly funded by their monthly contributions, as well as skill certificates and bank loans for help in their second careers.
Agneepath Scheme Salary
Agniveers will be given an appealing customised monthly package, as well as Risk & Hardship allowances for each of the three services. Based on the Agneepath Scheme salary system, Agniveers will be paid a one-time 'Seva Nidhi' package upon completion of the four-year engagement period, which will include their contribution plus accrued interest as well as a matching contribution from the government equal to the accumulated amount of their contribution plus interest, as shown below:
Customized Package (Monthly)
Contribution to Agniveers Corpus Funds (30%)
Contribution to the corpus fund by the Govt. of India
All figures in INR (monthly contribution)
Total contributions in the Agniveer Corpus Fund after 4 yrs.
Commentswrite a comment