Average Speed of Abdul's Trip
In order to determine average speed, the complete distance travelled and the total time required must be known. The differences in speed along the way are not taken into consideration by average speed. In spite of possible changes in direction or speed along the way, it offers a general indication of how quickly an object is going on average.
Average speed while driving to school = 20 km/h
Average speed while driving from school = 30 km/h
Consider the distance between school and home of Abdul as X km
Time to reach school t1 = Distance/Speed = X/20 h
Time to reach from school to home t2 = X/30 h
As average speed = total distance/ total time
Substituting the values
Average Speed = 2 x X km/ (X/20 km + X/30 km)
= 2X/ (3X + 2X)/60
= 2X/ 5X/60
= (2 x 60)/5
= 24 km/h
Therefore, the average speed for Abdul's trip is 24 km/h.
Abdul while driving to school computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. What is the average speed of Abdul's trip?
Abdul while driving to school computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. The average speed for Abdul's trip is 24 km/h.
- A bus decreases its speed from 80 km/hr to 60 km/hr in 5s, find the acceleration of the bus.
- Find five rational numbers between 3/5 and 4/5.
- In Indian rupees, 1 trillion is equal to how many crores?
- The traffic lights at three different road crossings change after every 48 seconds, 72 seconds, and 108 seconds respectively. If they change simultaneously at 7 a.m. at what time will they change simultaneously again?
- A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3: 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A's share is Rs.855, the total profit is.
- What are the raw materials for photosynthesis?
Commentswrite a comment