Answer: a. Short column
A column that fails due to direct stress is called short column.
A column that fails due to direct stress is called short column. Columns are structural members that experience axial compressive loads while they are in use.
Types of the column
- Long column: Buckling causes failure.
- Medium column: Buckling and crushing cause it to fail.
- Short column: Crushing from direct stress causes failure.
- Slenderness Ratio-based classification of columns
- Short Column: Short columns are those that have a slenderness ratio of under 32.
- Medium Column: The ratio of the medium column's slenderness ranges from 32 to 120.
- Long Column: The Long column has a slenderness ratio of greater than 120.
☛ Related Questions:
- An operational system is which of the following
- The primary key is selected from the
- In fluids, steady flow occurs when
Commentswrite a comment