Measurement of Circle
- The measurement of the circle's perimeter, also known as its circumference, is called the circle's boundary. The region a circle occupies is determined by its area. The length of a straight line drawn from the center of a circle equals the diameter of that circle. It is typically expressed in units like cm or unit m
- The radius of the circle is considered when applying the formula to determine the circumference of the circle. Therefore, in order to calculate the circle's perimeter, we need to know the radius or diameter value.
- The area of any circle is the area that it covers or the area that it encloses.
- By splitting the circle into two equal pieces, the semicircle is created. As a result, the semicircle's circumference also divides in half.
- The region a semi-circle occupies in a 2D plane is known as the area of the semi-circle. Half of the area of a circle with equal radii is represented by the area of the semicircle.
A circular field has a circumference of 360 km. Three cyclists start together and can cycle 48,60 and 72 km a day, round the field. When will they meet again?
A circular field has a circumference of 360 km. Three cyclists start together and can cycle 48,60 and 72 km a day, around the field. They will meet again in 30 days. The LCM is used to find out these values.