ANALOGY- means correspondence or similarities between two figures. And we have to find the similarity between the two figures to get our answer.
TYPE 1 - ROTATION OF FIGURE
- In this type of question, we have to find similarities in the rotation of the figure. Two figures are related to each other through a specific rotation of the same figure.
- Like in the above question figure (A) is rotated 180 degrees to obtain figure (B).
- Now we have to apply the same logic in the next two figures to obtain the answer figure.
- As we can see when we rotated figure (C) by 180 degrees we get the figure shown in figure (2) of the answer figures given.
TYPE 2 - DISLOCATION OF FIGURE
- In these types of questions, we have to see how the first figure is getting dislocated or is getting combined to get our answer figure.
- Like in the above question figure (A) is 3 dots connected with 3 straight lines but in figure (B) the dots are getting dislocated from the lines and lines get inserted.
- We have to apply the same logic to get our answer figure.
- So in our answer figure, the dots and lines must need to be disjointed from each other and the line gets inverted.
So figure (C) follows this pattern hence our answer will be C
TYPE 3 - INTERCHANGE OF IMAGES
- In these types of questions, images get interchanged from one another to get the other image.
- Like in the above question, in figure (A) circle is at the corner of the square and in figure (B) circle takes the position of the square and vice versa.
- So we have to apply the same logic to get our answer figure.
- Figure (C) is the combination of a triangle and three-line
- So in our answer figure, the position of lines and triangles must be interchanged. This can be seen in figure (1)
Further questions are framed using these three concepts or the combination of any two mostly.
But still, if any question is asked apart from these 3 conditions try to figure out the similarity in the given two figures and apply the same logic in the next two to get your answer.
|Serial No.||Book Name||Author Name|
|1.||A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal||B.S. Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali|
|2.||How to Crack Test Of Reasoning- REVISED EDITION||Jaikishan and Premkishan|
|3.||Logical and Analytical Reasoning (Useful for All Competitive Exams)||A K Gupta|
Note: All the study notes are available in Hindi as well as the English language. Click on A/अ to change the language.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app